Should we care more about people or God

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I have a question should we care more about God or people because when i was in 2nd grade i was in a Catholic School and there was a question that said Who is more important people or God i put God and so did everyone else but we all got it wrong our teacner said no people is more important than God
IIIII NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Comments

• Well, your teacher did not deserve to teach, especially in second grade.... but GOD is more important, and through him you love, and respect other people... So God first, you second, people third.
  • "He who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me. And he who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
    MATT CH 10 V 37
  • its very clear in the bible, as our Lord says to us:
    "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." Matt 10:37

now we all want to be with God and worthy of Him, so lets be sure to love Him first and formost- He's the most important! :D

and let's be logical, can anyone on this earth provide for us, help us and guide us the way God does? nope! He's the only one who can truly take care of us, and as we are very important to Him (He died for us!), He should be important to us. :D

Take Care!
  • catholic ppl always think differently god is more important than ourselves, thats why marters gave up their lives
  • The only reason we love people is because OF God..if we love him then we love those around us right? so without it him it wouldn't make sense to love people..God bless.
  • Hey Deaconboy64 or 68 what ever your name is, you are wrong. Catholics will never say that because I go to a Catholic School and I am a Coptic Person too so please do not say that Catholic people say that stuff. And How would you know ok. Sya >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  • Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: 43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. (John 12:42-43)

Galatians 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

interesting quotes from the bible ;)

• that sure is a crazy teacher.. even crazier than me.. o wow wait let me make that a big WOW.. lol
    she's totaly wrong and lyk many have said.. even tho i didn't read many but i'm sure most of u guys believe the same thing right????? i hope..
    catholics believe in weird stuff even tho we're lyk similar in sum stuff but WOW :o this changes my thought abt them.. i used to go to a catholic school too they never really told us that all they did was talk abt Jesus.. ::)
    neways i gtg so later yall.. lol :-*
    o PEACE AND CHICKEN GREASE.. i got that from my friend.. oo man i'm a thief now.. i stoll his line.. lol :D

Rina ;)
  • ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ???
  • ive went to catholic school for 11 years now
    ive learned differently so i think its ur teacher not the cath or copt faith
    in the bible, im sure ppl have quoted this already,
    jesus says that whoever loves anyone more than him is not worthy of him.
    i guess ur teacher might mean that god is in people so dont think u should love them too, i suppose althu thats not exactly what she said to u
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=896;start=0#msg15821 date=1103591403]
    So God first, you second, people third.

I thought it was God first, people second, and you third. ??? ???
  • the way i learned it, its:
    God, Church, family, then other things.... i didnt know a person was their own priority... i thought we're supposed to put others before ourselves...

take care & God bless!
  • Well m not gonna talk about the catholic teacher's Ive had and wat they taught us caz its a disgrace to Christianity altogether....

The answer you got from everyone here is the Coptic answer lol with zeal etc. Above anyone is God. However, the God of Christianity asks and wills that as Christians we treat everyone else with the utmost love.
    As He says those who serve Him are those we serve others. So in putting people first, you put God first...its not either or ..people or God...(who knows, maybe thats wat ur teacher meant)!

However, when the two are in conflict...such as carrying for your reputation and what people will thinkin of you if u help someone who is "not kool" or sumthing ...then you do help because God comes FIRST....easy? yalla salaam!
  • Someone once told me this, that to attain perfect JOY this is the little trick or rule to follow:

J esus
    O thers
    Y ourself

Hope this kinda clarifies what you want to know :-\
  • [glow=red,2,300]In the Name of the Father and the Son aand the Holy Spirit. The One True God. Amen.[/glow]

Happy Epiphany to all!!!

To love people is to love God and to love God we love people.

[glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]This our Lord Jesus said in the Holy Gospel: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as i have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
    - John 13:34-35[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]" Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and will all your mind.... You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
    - Matthew 22:37,39[/glow][/glow]

And also:

[glow=red,2,300] "If someone says,'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commnadment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
    - 1John 4:20-21 [/glow]

So Loving God and others are inter related.....but also don't forget Matthew 25: 31-46 dealing with loving people and Judgement Day! Faith and works in Christ.

God bless you ;D.
  • u noe whut this is an outrage!!!

how cna i be more important than GOD!!????

u sin i sin we all sin

but GOD does not sin

he is the most important thing on the earth

gb