How should you deal with people who think they are super saints?

2»

Comments

• Also, I might add, there is another subset that actually grab your hand to kiss it and turn it so that their lips land on their own hands and kiss their own.

It's called:  "the kiss the hand swindle".  You get duped into thinking that someone is going to kiss your hand and they intentionally kiss their own.

Or, how about, the sliding kiss the hand technique.

One of my favorites is the double slide of the hand with an air whiff kiss.
  • Oh, my favorite is the "you get slapped in the affa after you kiss my hand foo" kiss technique. Works quite well ;D
  • I hope nobody takes me serious.  I just hijacked this thread to be funny.  Although there may some truth in my observations.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=8898.msg111433#msg111433 date=1267501329]
    I hope nobody takes me serious.  I just hijacked this thread to be funny.  Although there may some truth in my observations.

noo...not much truth at all....just opinions.
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=8898.msg111367#msg111367 date=1267475718]
    how should i deal with the really annoying people who think they are so holy and every time u shake hands with them they try to kiss ur hand like ur abouna or something and u ask them a simple question then they turn it into a sermon somehow or they are just plain bible thumpers?

I know exactly what you mean. They are so annoying, especially when they start to preach and it doesn't make sense.  I  personally have never heard of those who try to kiss the hand that's definitely an extreme.  It's just a form of fanaticism, nothing holy or humble about it.  Where on earth do they learn these things?   My advice on how to deal with them is to avoid them as much as possible.  They are just plain hypocrites.
  • Guys,
    Fake or not, Humble or not, We should refrain at all costs of judging our brother and remember our teacher St. James's words "11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,  who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?"( James 4:11-12)

Wanting to perhaps edify your brother with love is one thing, but what St. James is speaking of is something very different which we should strive to avoid.

May God give us all a spirit free of judgement and full of love for our brethern.
  • As a Christian it is our duty to know wrong from right. Fake from real.

We can't just be naive and accept everything so as not to be judgmental. 

There is a difference between being judgmental and using your brain (that God gave you) to discern the truth. 
  • grace08, how does that make us better Christians? After all isn't that our aim? Isn't that our focus?
    This is my first post, but I have been browsing this forum as a guest for many months now. I find that people are very inconsistent in what they say. God's Word applies to all contexts. That is all. He is the Alpha and Omega and whatever proceeds from His mouth is the be all and end all. User00 has placed some solid ground with their post.

As for the subject the original speaker spake of, in the end, the analysis is between him and God ALONE. God knows the hearts of men. There is a golden rule in dealing with matters like this, MYOB or mind your own business (otherwise, Lioness of God's approach is if you genuinely want to help and learn from him in love as a true friend to him); the subject of this conversation sounds old enough to know what he is doing and the genuinity of his actions for himself. If he finds himself to be blasphemous/ hypocritical, he will find that out himself or through a worthwhile conversation between himself and his father of confession. Lioness of God's approach helps him do that, you have alot of sense in your posts. By asking "why" puts the subject in a position where he evaluates himself and puts the person asking in a position where they are not judging but helping/ edifying and learning with love as a true friend should. Well done Lioness of God. Now that is what makes us better Christians.
  • HIGH SCHOOL PROFICEINCY EXAM!!

oh wait it doesnt apply to your state.......
  • [quote author=deaconmark123 link=topic=8898.msg111468#msg111468 date=1267566703]
    HIGH SCHOOL PROFICEINCY EXAM!!

oh wait it doesnt apply to your state.......

lol this is off topic, but AWESOME exam! :)
  • haha we call it sol here Standards of learning