Verse Explanation

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
In todays Catholic Epistle:
"If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." -1Jn5:16-17

Can someone please explain this. I don't understand why St. John is telling us not to pray about the sins not leading to death.. he also says that there are sins that don't lead to death. What is he referring to?

Thank you and God Bless.

Comments

• [quote author=TITL link=topic=8757.msg109798#msg109798 date=1264962447]
    In todays Catholic Epistle:
    "If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death." -1Jn5:16-17

Can someone please explain this. I don't understand why St. John is telling us not to pray about the sins not leading to death.. he also says that there are sins that don't lead to death. What is he referring to?

Thank you and God Bless.

This topic had been discussed before.You may find something in this link : http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=7163.45
    Hope this helps. BTW,thanks for the gmail ad:-).
  • haha wow that was 11 pages and I still couldn't find it.. sorry for bothering you, but can you pinpoint to exactly who explained the verse and on what page, i probably missed it while skimming through.

Thanks Hezekiel!
  • If you use this link - http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=7163.120
    On  page 9, post 132, You will be able to read Mina's reply.On the same page,Clays' post 134 and 139  (page 11); hammer the last remaining nails  regarding the verse.

Hope this helps.

• You're awesome! Thank you!!