Happy Saint Antony's feast!

here is the sacrifice for through the feast of saint Antony... I will probably come back for the explanation

neskhor Allah... akhadna el baraka!

Comments

• very lovely.
    i read his life story recently, it's my favourite (well, maybe anba boula is my favourite, i can't decide!)

this is a link to it, thanks to elsi70x7 who posted it on another thread:
    http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/vita-antony.html

btw are there any days in the coptic calendar that are not feasts? seems like every day is a saints' day, not that i mind  ;)
  • dude...

your paintings belong in churches lol, where do you keep them?
  • Mabsoota... insha' Allah, God will give me the grace to make an icon for every-day's saints... I have been trying to focus on the unknown saints or the saints that have no Coptic icon... but my main focus is to finish my nadr icons... then I go on to that movement... right now I'm working on saint Marina the monk, saint Julius the akfasy... saint youstina... saint shenouda... well actually they gave me a long list in church today, so too many now... lol...

sodr2, thank you... neshkor Allah, I do put them in the churches... I have them in surrounding churches... abou-nofer's icon is on his body... saint Moses the black is on his body... and in my church I have all the rest, except some where I leave at home, to take their blessings... and I take on their feasts to church.

akhadna el barka.... neshkor Allah!
  • select meanings from the icon...

we start by the hands close to his mouth... and their holding the cross and the scrip (bible)... to show that all his teaching were with the teachings of the bible, and salvation through the death of the Christ on the cross...

his right hand is blessing with the two fingers... even though I didn't emphasize too much on it, so no one would mis-understand the meaning... the script is in that hand is because he blessed us... and also blessed us through his teachings...were established from the words of God... also because its the word of God the script has a touch of blue... for it being divine or heavenly.

behind him we see his monastery... and across from it is the mountain where his cave is, his cave from the inside is blue... because he turned it to heaven on earth... blue being divine!

neshkor Allah... akhadna el baraka!