Helping the Youth

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Selam everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has advise with
How to get youth involved in Church?
At the Church I attend, the youth are getting less and less active
in learning prayers, singing mezmur( spirtiual worship), and in Sunday school.

What are things that a fellow classmate can do to bring this people
to get involved?

How can one help them???

May God help you to answer these questions.

I thank you all very much
a ignorant person
May God Bless 

Comments

• The obvious thing to do is to acknowledge them. Give them a call and ask how they are doing with things (I am sure you have heard of visitation). The other thing is to make sure there are activities that suit the youth such as:

1. youth meetings/sunday school for their age group
    2. prayer meetings/ Bible study
    3. Sports activities (my church has something called monday funday during summer time)
    4. Social night (games, trivia, and so on), bring things like table tennis, or foosball
    5. church plays
    6. church  choir
    7. conventions/retreats
    8. Spiritual day
    9. Fundraisers (not for the sake of money, but for the sake of spending time with each other and getting others involved)
    10. Church cleanup day

These are just a few ideas. Sometimes assigning the youth small tasks is one way of encouraging them to participate and attend, but this sort of thing should be supervised by a youth servant. You can also ask them what they would like to see or do in the church and maybe the servants can arrange it with Abouna. However, the first thing you should do is to call them and encourage them to come and participate. I hope it all works out !

God bless
    Tony

• Try to hangout with them more...set more dates as a group hangout somehwere and also visit them one by one. That really helps coming from a youth like me =]
    Also, try to make fun trips with them. I noticed that if u make overnight trips, they start getting more involved and motivated in coming to church. Make a sleepover...let a guy do the boys and a girl do the girls. Go feed the homeless...or just do activites with them!! i promise that helps alot!!!!
    thanks & Rubina maaki =]