Making fun of

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello everyone!!! :)

There is this girl in my class and when she was walking out of the classroom, this boy randomly yelled  "She's weird"  and some people started laughing and stuff. :-\

What should a real Christian do in that point, when someone innocent is being made fun of?

How should we do it in a polite way without getting rude?

Could anyone please answer this question of mine because i am extremely ignorant in everything.

May God help you to answer this question.

Thank you soooooo much

God Bless

Comments

• this is a hard one... this incident many if not all of us have gone through it!

what I do is I usually don't say a thing... and don't laugh with those who laugh... because I have an anger issues, so if I were to react, it wouldn't be Christian at all!

so I usually wait till all these feelings of anger are gone... and have this girl be one of my friends... because a person in her "situation" she needs not to feel lonely... the upper hand I have in this situation is I'm usually known in my classes, so when I talk to somebody who is viewed as "weird" people, they wont make fun of me... so I don't fall in their sight, and they don't make fun of the person I'm with...

but as I mentioned I have an upper hand, and this is why its fine for me... but if you stick with that person are you going to be mis-viewed, causing you depression and hating school? so this also brings us to why she is weird?

is she weird because she looks different, needs to take care of her odor?, or is she weird because she does wrong things, that people don't like her anymore?

if its the ladder, stay quite and pray for her, and bring it to naught anonymously to the teacher or person in charge.

if not because she does wrong things, and IS totally innocent, then be polite to her, talk to her, and you never know, some of my best friends are people who were looked down upon, once they shone I found the living genius in them!

or if you don't want to talk to them at all, then just inform the person in charge anonymously, nothing wrong with that... but at least give her a smile!

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka
  • you should maybe throw in  a little joke into your response. For example if they are making fun  of her hairstyle u can say hey guys her hairs looks fine and its better than having no hair at all. Try and ask them a question aand change the subject.
    I am sometimes present when these things happen and i'm in this situation. With my friends i change the subject and i try to make jokes and say its better than...etc.

GBU and Be with YOu
  • yeah, good idea, marina.
    many of us were 'weird' and unpopular at school, it's usually for no good reason. smile and say hello to her, and pray for the guy who was rude, he needs to know God too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • u can pray for both parties the girl so that she doesnt get hurt and for the one making fun so that they grow up lol and yea usually i just say come on guys stop or i dont get involved
  • "Whatever you do to the least of these you do unto me," says our Lord.  I think this gives us a pretty good indication what we must do.  Mabsoota and Marina put it best: come alongside the one being hurt and encourage them, and pray for the one who is doing the hurting. 

To just pass by and not get involved makes the Christian just like the publican and the pharisee who crossed to the other side of the road and avoided the wounded man.  We all remember the story of the Good Samaritan, right?  Remember also, "blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."  If you are afraid of being abused or attacked as well for doing that, remember "blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you and speak all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake." 
  • Thats true but what if the person who isn't around them while some people are talking about him or her
    Should we still jump in and how should we do that without it seeming making it seem like we are intruding?

Thank you so much for your advice

please continue to teach me a sinner

May God Bless 
  • I think you can find a way; you will know if it is right!

It depends if the people talking take your word or not. If they do in general, maybe you can find
    a sensitive way to reach them; disapprove of what they are doing since maybe some of them don't
    feel right about talking about a person but do so because of others.

If it makes a difference regarding this person, making them less talked-about you can try your best.
    Without complicating matters. i want to say try something out; i've intruded before and it has been
    embarassing and unproductive, but sometimes it wasn't an intrusion and people calmed down from what
    they were doing.

Sometimes all it takes could be an inquisitive look, like "really? is that what you take your time to talk about?
    You know this is wrong." All of this in a look, sensitive but deep, and it will reach those who feel wrong about what
    they are doing. If not, you know you gave it a try! A good intention.

Have you tried something like this before?

+++