Representation of Christianity in the Media

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i have been consistently noticing that, religion is misrepresented or not represented in media. how does this effect us as a community of believers. the media truly impacts our lives. i would like to hear your thoughts on how the media alters or disregards faith.

Comments

• in my opinion, it gives us another chance to show forgiveness!
    i think it is good, however for Christians to take the change to share their faith sensitively in the media whenever they can. may God bless those Christians who work in this area.
  • [quote author=martinostavro link=topic=8673.msg109103#msg109103 date=1263076865]
    i have been consistently noticing that, religion is misrepresented or not represented in media. how does this effect us as a community of believers. the media truly impacts our lives. i would like to hear your thoughts on how the media alters or disregards faith.

the simple answer that i think is valid and that i have heard from many of our Church's bishops, is that we concentrate more on actually living as Christians....and many are suffering in that. What's the point of considering the media in Christianity to overpower that help that we need to give to the weak-faith people
  • i understand that but, we are surrounded by media weather it be on tv in newspapers magazines or books, how does this affect our lives as Christians. also how are we represented or misrepresented or unrepresented in the mainstream media. there is a huge avenue reaching out to people through media how is our voice heard or ignored.... I hope this clarifies my question