What do you usually do

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
As all of you know that nativity feast is coming. How can me and my friends spend it celebrating Our Lord's birthday.

We usually go to a resturant or something since we have no church. But I think that this is not the right way to celebrate The birth of our Lord and Savior.

How can I spend this Nativity feast with God.
Pray for me

Comments

• nothing wrong with that... you can even gather all the copts and maybe have a big gathering.... also don't forget to spend time with family... if possible!
  • you are right to want more; this is your spirit feeling deprived because you are not near a church. it is a healthy sign and should be noticed.
    i think a great idea would be to meet together on the evening of the 6th and pray and study. if you like, you can watch a saint's movie, then study the readings for the day from the Bible, then pray together from the agpeya and share with each other any personal concerns for prayer. then, at midnight celebrate with a big drink of milk or chocolate (i am dreaming of these.. only 2 days to go!) and a small meal together. if you have children with you, you could have a break between the film and prayer for some games or running around activity, that way they will be able to stay awake for most of the prayers and also benefit.
    going to a restaurant is also a good idea, you could maybe go out on the 7th. if possible pray quietly before you eat, so people will see that and ask you where you are from and then you can telll the waiter you are Christians celebrating a special occasion.
    if anyone is not fasting, they could start today and maybe on 6th have an absolute fast while you are celebrating together until midnight. you can fast even if there is no Holy Communion, Jesus said we should fast and pray.

i have given lots of ideas, not because i expect you will do them all  ;) but so you have a lot to choose from.
    it is difficult when you can't celebrate Christmas in the normal way, i will be celebrating by having milk in my tea on the night shift, but insha allah i will go to church midday on 7th to pray.
    please pray for me too  :)
  • Thank you for you suggestions
    Maybe I was not clear mabsoota but I have a church near me and God willing I will go in Christmas eve. we don' t have church on the 7th. that is why I was asking for ways to spend it with God. But I like your idea of going to a restaurant and praying before eating.
    Thank you SuperMAN(BAM)

God bless and pray for me
  • Our church after the day of on the day after a feast we always have a gathering for all the youth groups kindergraden through high school from around 12 to 2 this is obviously during the day not night  :)