nothing

edited April 2011 in Youth Corner
HI guys, how are you? Just talk amongst yourselves.

Comments

• Hi Mary,

I think TN Nashville is in the Bible Belt? Right? It is quite a religious state if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if someone from GA is raised the same way as you or not in that State? But if he's Coptic, no doubt he'll still have (Or should have!) Coptic values.

ANyway, do you tell your abouna?

Before I answer this, I just want to tell you something that the Pope said on CTV a few days ago:

He said: "In my opinion, it is wrong for a woman to chase after a guy. The guy should be running after the girl".

He did start by saying "in my opinion" - but I think his opinion is always right. THerefore, in this respect, I would recommend that you seek guidance from your FoC.

• how old are you and the boy?
  • lol... read your post... if you cant make your mind about which guy you should stick with, do your really think you should even think about a relationship?!
  • He said: "In my opinion, it is wrong for a woman to chase after a guy. The guy should be running after the girl".

Wow, that's sexist.
  • Wait a second...

Easy on.

Why is it you all think she's too young? I think the right time to think about relationships is when you've met the right person, and you're ready to start a marital life.

I don't think it is right to impose on ANYONE the fact that they haven't finished their studies, or they do not yet have a Ph.D in quantum physics to even begin looking for a partner. That's silly. And the Egyptian community INSISTS on doing this: everyone expects to get married when you have a degree. A degree doesn't mean anything if you've only done it to get a wife/husband. A degree doesn't mean you are mature, nor you have common sense. A degree doesn't even mean you'll get a job, and that you'll be happy in that job.

• QT,

I agree with everything you just said!!! I think it's very true and something that the Egyptian community has a hard time with, but that should be kept in mind by college students and college graduate students. But I don't think that's the case here. From the sound of the post, Mary met this guy at "Kids Camp", and she was not one of the chaperones, but one of the attendees. This gives away the fact that she is probably not even in high school yet, or at the very oldest, early in high school. This is in fact too young to start thinking about marriage -- especially if she is in middle school or junior high, which is what I think based off of what she said.

Mary,

You will have many crushes on many boys throughout the years, but I like what someone said before: "Crush your 'crush' before it crushes you". In other words, don't share your feelings with the boy and don't expect anything from them except maybe friendship. I think you should be very open with your abouna and the best thing for you now is to focus on God. When you're older, God will send you the right man who will love you and make you happy. Have this faith and don't worry about things now. Don't take these feelings seriously, because from experience, they come and go like the wind.
  • "Crush your 'crush' before it crushes you"

"crush your crush before your crush crushes you"  lol... this quote is starting to get famous, that I randomly was talking to someone, and they said that statement, so when I asked where they got that statement from... they said from a friend who told a friend who knows this guy called "supermanbam" online! lol
  • i think this is more gramatically correct:

crush the crush thats crushing your crush before the crush of your crush crushes the crush of you
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=8635.msg108930#msg108930 date=1262628710]
    QT,

I agree with everything you just said!!! I think it's very true and something that the Egyptian community has a hard time with, but that should be kept in mind by college students and college graduate students. But I don't think that's the case here. From the sound of the post, Mary met this guy at "Kids Camp", and she was not one of the chaperones, but one of the attendees. This gives away the fact that she is probably not even in high school yet, or at the very oldest, early in high school. This is in fact too young to start thinking about marriage -- especially if she is in middle school or junior high, which is what I think based off of what she said.

Mary,

You will have many crushes on many boys throughout the years, but I like what someone said before: "Crush your 'crush' before it crushes you". In other words, don't share your feelings with the boy and don't expect anything from them except maybe friendship. I think you should be very open with your abouna and the best thing for you now is to focus on God. When you're older, God will send you the right man who will love you and make you happy. Have this faith and don't worry about things now. Don't take these feelings seriously, because from experience, they come and go like the wind.

I definately agree it is good to not show ALL your feelings. But I don't like the idea of "crushing your crush". I think it is perfectly fine to like someone. How on earth do people get married? Its not a mathematical equation. Albert Einstein said there is NO equation or formula, nor can science explain "falling in love".

This advice is really bad :Crush your crush...

Look, pray and ask God to open your heart to the right person. Pray fervently for someone who loves God also. This is what you should be doing. If you pray and you find yourself becoming more interested in a certain person - that's not a bad thing!!

But, don't be driven by your emotions - just acknowledge that your heart is open to someone, and ask God to close any doors that are bad for you. That's it.

• [quote author=hottchico link=topic=8635.msg108935#msg108935 date=1262632945]
    that made no sense dude.

It's funny cause apparently something's actually crushing the one you love lol
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=8635.msg108934#msg108934 date=1262632700]
    i think this is more gramatically correct:

crush the crush thats crushing your crush before the crush of your crush crushes the crush of you

Crush = destroy
    the crush = a device
    that's crushing your crush = that's crushing the one you love
    before the crush of your crush = before the device that's crushing the one you love (your crush)
    crushes = destroys
    the crush of you = ill leave this open for interpretation
  • hey mary,
    i can completely sympathize with you as i too have had the same experience. if you are going to have a crush, have it on only one guy. however, try not to get too attached leave out other choices. it is a very fine line. i guess the best way to explain it is, focus on one while keeping an open mind. yor best bet would be the local guy as you probably know him better and vice versa.

hope i helped!! pray for me!!