Must've been asked a hundred times...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I apologize if it has, but:

i've really been having trouble lately trying to grasp the concept of "human creation?"

-why would God choose to create us?  I've read a couple things, by HH; that we were created out of love?  but i still don't see the reasoning behind it [i'm not questioning God or anythign, I'm just havign a hard time understand things]

any advice/answers would be really helpful

Comments

• my own personal opinion is that great love is creative (we create art, peace in our friends' lives, children etc) and as God is love, He was also creative.
  • although i may be pulling a leg, i ask, before the creation of man, what was God doing? how was he entertained? my personal opinion is that Yes God is creative, he wanted to create a masterpiece, something he can see his qualities. This may not be the best analogy, however, just like a man and woman decide to marry one another then they wish to have kids with all the burdens  (troubles, financial cost etc) similar to our weakness with sin, defiance to God's laws, a married couple no matter the amount of chaos and problems with their children will be over the moon contrasted with those who wish to have a child, to have their name passed through generations to come. Likewise, God wanted us humans to reflect Him, even though we disobey his set of rules.

Thats my reflection,

Coptic Youth