Question about sinning

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Lets say someone commits a sin... 5 minutes later they are tempted to sin the very same sin... is it worth fighting that temptation? Like if someone is *in the state of sinning*, is it worth minimizing how bad they sin (for eg. robbing a little instead of a lot), or how much they do it? I mean, if someone is tempted after they sin and knows that God is already disappointed in them, what's the difference in sinning a little more?

Of course it is good to resist temptation because that shows repentance, but how can you show repentance when you're in the state of sinning/just sinned?

Comments

• Simply STOP SINNING. Of course it's easier said than done but it is the first step to true repentance.
  • :-X

lol, I know this is like the first thing a child is taught about Christianity: sin = bad.
  • remember God hates sin... not sinners... so why would i keep sinning while I know God hates that action... its like me telling you, "ya sodr2, ya habibi please clean your room" and you come and clean your room... but not all of it, only your bed, and leave everything else a mess... i come and see your room, I noticed that you did something, but not fully succeeded in what I told you, will I be happy with you?! of course, I would be happy that you listened and attempted to do something, even though I'm disappointed that you didn't listen fully, but my happiness of your progress makes me less disappointed!

so now we go to God... God comes and tells us don't steal, but I go and steal a lot of things. then five minutes later God comes and tell me don't steal, so i listen a little to Him even though I'm in my "heat of the moment" and I only steal a little because of my guilty conscience of knowing that God will not be happy! so God sees your progress He's happy that you are slowly listening, and acknowledging Him, but He is still disappointed at the wrong... but He sees your success, so He becomes less disappointed.

now if you don't commit the sin at all, even though you are in the "heat of the moment" God would be so happy with you beyond measures...

our goal is to keep listening little by little... until we reach our goal of right when we listen we obey... but usually that starts by the little progress that no one sees... the progress of you listening to the holy spirit when He tells you something is wrong, and you agree.

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah
  • Once u have sinned, get down on your knees and ask for forgiveness.
    Dont just do the sin again because u know you are weak...dont give the devil more room to dwell in you...u have to fight and be strong.
    Thats what my father of confession told me when i was recently dealing with the same thing...
    Its such a hard struggle..i know...but u realllyyyyy have to pushhh away from teptations. Once you get the bad thoughts in your head to do it...pray or go occupy yourself with something else
  • Never ever ever ever sin after u have already sinned. If u just sin like that it shows that u were not sorry for the disappointment u have caused

• One of the saints said:
    "Every time i sin is like crucifying Christ on the cross again"