what is sab3a arba3a????

okay so its kiahk time again- and everyone is talking about sab3a arba3a...and im so lost, im also scared to ask because the youth here are so mean and im pretty sure ill end up looking dumb- so some one PLEASE explain..thanks beforehand..and how do i get ready for "sab3a arba3a"

Comments

• it means 7/4 which is basically the seven theotokias and the 4 hoos.  The only difference is that we say all seven theotikas and not just the sunday theotikia.  hope  that helps

+mahraeel+
  • so we do them every saturday instead of the normal tasbeha..?
    sorry for asking so much im just so eager to learn about it
  • Yes, instead of the normal tasbeha, you do "sab3a arba3a" which is 7 theotokias and 4 hoos. It is the best tasbeha you will have all year. It is so beautiful
  • in kiahk, midnight praises are very special. there are to much extra things that are said. on each Hoos and Theotokia there are hymns, psalies, expositions. so the tasbeha will take a lot more time than it would usually take on a normal day. this was for every day of the week. what the church developed at some point of time is a ONE HUGE tasbeha on saturdays night (the usual famous night of tasbeha during all the days of the year) to have a mix between all the Theotokias' hymns, psalies, expositions and even the theotokias themselves. Of course that is an addition to the Hooses that are said EVERY DAY with their hymns, psalies...etc. So that night becomes a long one that drags into sunday and that is ended with a liturgy. It would be called "sab'a wa arbaa" / "seven & four" referring to the the 4 hooses and the 7 theotokias' with their hymns, psalies..etc.....not specifically all of the hymns...etc but atleast some of them.

of course i just confused you more..... :)
  • whats kiahk lol  :-[

i know kahk lol
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=8570.msg108364#msg108364 date=1260723842]
    whats kiahk lol  :-[

i know kahk lol

"Kiahk" is the 4th coptic month (in the coptic calendar of the martyrs). it started last Thursday. Kiahk 29th is the Nativity.