A Letter To You From SATAN

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
A Letter To You From SATAN

I saw you yesterday as you began your daily chores.
You awoke without kneeling to pray. As a matter of fact,
you didn't even bless your meals, or pray before going
to bed last night. You are so unthankful. I like that about you.

I cannot tell you how glad I am that you have not changed
your way of living. Fool! You are mine. Remember, you and I
have been going steady for years, and I still don't love you yet.
As a matter of fact, I hate you, because I hate God. I am only
using you to get even with God. He kicked me out of heaven,
and I'm going to use you as long as possible to pay him back.

You see, Fool, GOD LOVES YOU and HE has great plans
in store for you. But you have yielded your life to me and I'm
going to make your life a living hell. That way we'll be together twice.
This will really hurt God. Thanks to you. I'm really showing Him who's
boss in your life. With all of the good times we've had.....
We have been watching dirty movies, cursing people out,
partying, stealing, lying, hypocriting, fornicating, overeating,
telling dirty jokes, gossiping, backstabbing people,
supporting abortion,gay rights,
disrespecting adults and those in leadership position,
NO respect for the church, bad attitudes:
SURELY you don't want to give all this up.

Come on, Fool, let's burn together forever. I've got some
hot plans for us. This is just a letter of appreciation from me
to you. I'd like to say "THANKS" for letting me use you for
most of your foolish life. You are so gullible. I laugh at you.
When you are tempted to sin, you give in. HA HA HA LOL
You make me sick.

Sin is beginning to take its toll on your life.
You look 20 years older. I need new blood. So go ahead
and teach some children how to sin. All you have to do is smoke,
drink alcoholic beverages, cheat, gamble, gossip, fornicate,
and listen to and dance to the top 10 jams. Do all of this in the
presence of children and they will do it too. Kids are like that.

Well, Fool, I have to let you go for now. I'll be back in a couple of
seconds to tempt you again. If you were smart, you would run somewhere,
confess your sins, live for God with what little bit of life that you have
left. It's not my nature to warn anyone, but to be your age and still
sinning, it's becoming a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I still hate you......
IT'S JUST THAT YOU'D MAKE A BETTER FOOL FOR CHRIST.

P.S. - And if you really love me, you won't share this letter with anyone.

Comments

• WOW thanks for sharing Mozes! This truly makes us think about our lives and who we want to be part of it: God who loves us unconditionally, or Satan who doesn't love us at all...

This also reminds me of St. Marina the martyr when she spoke to the devil and asked how he can entice so many people!

God Bless
  • what was the devil's answer to her question?
  • the devil said that he picks those who are closest to God and tempts them using several methods until one works and then people keep going back to the same sin over and over again, but those who don't know God he doesn't tempt as much because they're his already.

Kind of scary to be honest! Everytime I think about this I try to re-evaluate my life and fix it for the better...
  • Speaking of St Marina, I was trying to read her story when I came across this miracle.I though I'd share it. I figure,there are different St Marina's though.

Two versions of her bio from:

Eastern orthodox perspective -http://www.deathtotheworld.com/lot/lives/stmarina/stmarina.html

Coptic perspective--http://www.lacopts.org/season/st-marina-the-martyr

*** A MODERN DAY ACCOUNT OF THE MIRACLES OF ST MARINA***

A few years ago, a family from Lemessos, Cyprus, named Vassiliou received the following miracle. In Greece they are well known from the televised requests they made in order to find a donor for their young boy Andrea, who suffered from leukemia. The donor was indeed found and the parents began preparing for their trip to Texas, U.S.A where the bone marrow transplant was going to be performed. Meanwhile, they also prayed and begged Jesus Christ to save their boy. Before they left for the U.S.A the parents heard of St. Marina's miracles and they called the monastery of St. Marina located on the island of Andros in Greece to ask for her blessing. The Elder of the monastery, Archimandrite Fr. Cyprianos promised that he would pray to St. Marina. He also wished the parents for St. Marina to be with Andrea in the operating room, to help him. With Elder Cyprianos' blessing and with strong faith that St. Marina would help indeed, the Vassiliou family went to the U.S.A.

After the necessary pre-operation tests that Andrea had to undergo, he was taken to the operating room. A short time before the operation was to begin, a woman came to see the surgeon who would be operating on Andrea. She said that she was Andrea's doctor and asked to be allowed to observe the operation. The conversation that ensued proved that the woman was indeed a doctor. However, the surgeon replied that 'outside' doctors were not permitted to be present in the operating room and that his medical teams' policy was that no doctor other than those on the team be involved in such delicate operations. The persistence of the woman however, convinced the surgeon to allow her in the operating room. But before, he asked her to leave her coordinates [presumably, credentials] at the administration desk. The unknown doctor did as told and then entered the operating room with the surgeon. During the operation, she gave several directions regarding the progress of the procedure. The operation went well and in the end the surgeon thanked the woman and exited the operating room.

Andrea's parents immediately went to inquire about the outcome of the surgery and the surgeon replied that all had gone very well, adding that he could not understand why they had brought Andrea to him when they had such a fine doctor. The parents were surprised and responded that they had not brought any doctor with them. The surgeon insisted, however. He also told them that when he came out of the operating room Andrea's doctor had remained there for a little longer with the rest of the operating team and therefore, she would probably still be around. He recommended that they look for her. The search, however, proved pointless, as the 'woman doctor' was nowhere around. The Vassiliou couple then concluded that it must have been a doctor from Greece or Cyprus who had decided to travel to the U.S.A and contribute to the delicate operation. They expressed the wish to know who she was so that they may be able to thank her, and at the surgeon's recommendation they then went to the administration desk to ask for her coordinates.

It was with utter surprise that they read that the unknown woman had signed with the name "Marina from Andros". Tears of gratefulness and joy filled their eyes as they recalled that the Elder at the monastery had said to them that he wished Andrea to have St. Marina in the operating room to help him. Andrea's parents shared with the media their joy both for the successful operation and Andrea's recovered health and for the miracle they received. The Vassiliou family made the vow that the entire family will be present at the saint's monastery every year on the saint's feast day (July 17) and Elder Cyprianos reports that the family has been making the annual trip from Lemessos to Andros every summer to thank Saint Marina for saving Andrea.

Miracles performed by the saints have never ceased to take place in the Orthodox Church. With these miracles, may our Lord Jesus Christ help us build our faith.

PS: sorry for the length, just replying to Satan's letter :D
  • very nice story
  • what a spooky title and equally spooky letter. cool
  • veryy nicee thank youu =]

+mahraeel+