pray for my friend

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
my friend is having suicidal thoughts, please pray for her

Comments

• She's in my prayers but have you tried to talk to her and see what exactly is bothering her? Sometimes drugs will have that effect but other times it just might be something that person feels he/she has no control over and so they see suicide as the only way out of their problem. If you can get her to talk to you, find out why she has these feelings and work on a solution together :)

God Bless
  • please buy her a copy of Depression: A Spiritual Guide by A rchimandrite Spyridon Logothetis if you think she will not be offended.. if she will should you still give it? .. but I think maybe so. The problem is people don't like thinking any advice contained in a book can save them.. the book does not tand alone by itself but is based on the bible.. and every word of God shall accomplish what it says.

also the book

http://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Depression-Heavenly-Illumined-Teachers/dp/0938635956

I hope it helps for her. I found it helpful for myself

• we are praying for her. it's good for you to listen to her and help her with her troubles. remember also to spend time in church, pray and read the Bible to ensure you are close to God and then you are close to the one who can give her hope. the people who helped me most when i had a hard time didn't say much (indeed one of my close friends and i can only talk for 10 minutes before we need an interpreter for the big words!) but these people are very close to God and full of love. this is what gave me hope when i was stressed and upset.
    so, in the same way, stay close to God yourself and God will guide you  :)
  • May the Lord have mercy on your friend, and show you how you can be a comfort to her.

God bless you both

Father Peter
  • here are some good passages in the Bible to read

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

(1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV) [16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God&'s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

(Psalm 39:4 NIV) Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.

(Psalm 139:15-16 NIV) [15] My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, [16] your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them

May God help her. May He replace those thoughts with thoughts of comfort and joy