St. Rebecca--Hymn of the intercession

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had the lyrics for the St. Rebecca and her children's part in the hymn of the intercession. Right now my church says:
hiten ni efky entitesheleet ente pekhristos tiagia emirefka epchois...

If my translation of this (through the prayers of the bride of Christ St. Rebecca, o Lord...) is correct, then why does it not bring up her children and mentions her as a bride of Christ--isn't 'bride of Christ' reserved for virgin martyrs like St. Demiana, St. Berbara, etc?

Thanks,

Bishoy

Comments

• does the lack of replies mean that the hiten we are saying now is correct? If not, anyone have any ideas about where I can start to look for the hiten to St. Rebecca? I looked at the Deacons Service Books in the church but couldn't find anything, can anyone suggest any other source?
  • [quote author=bishoykhali link=topic=8521.msg108012#msg108012 date=1259471460]
    does the lack of replies mean that the hiten we are saying now is correct? If not, anyone have any ideas about where I can start to look for the hiten to St. Rebecca? I looked at the Deacons Service Books in the church but couldn't find anything, can anyone suggest any other source?

is there a doxology you use?
  • Nope, one of the deacon leaders once said the hymn of the intercession, and ever since, we've been saying it that way. He moved to another church a long time ago, but we still say it this way; even though its not in any of the books.
  • [coptic]Piswiqali pamenrit>
    pikanwn pe je ten`ini `n]doxolog`ia `nte pie;ouab ie ]e;ouab `nten[i `nnictu,on menenca (twbh `mP[C ehryi ejwn) ouoh ,w `nswrp (hiten nieu,y `nte)[/coptic]
    The rule is that we bring the doxology of the saint to take the segments after "[coptic]twbh `mP[C ehryi ejwn[/coptic]" and add first "[coptic]hiten nieu,y `nte[/coptic]"
    [coptic]E;be ]agia Refke `mmon oun `noudoxologia> e;be vai ]naer,rac;e `nouon `nte `hli `mmarturoc ie `ne;ouab - hiten nieu,y `nte ]agia `mmyi Refke ]selet `nte P,C[/coptic]
    For St. Rebecca there is no doxology therefore I will use the one for any martyr or saint - [coptic]hiten nieu,y `nte ]agia `mmyi Refke ]selet `nte P,C[/coptic]
    [coptic]]nou kata petakcaji je `mmon oun `nou`vmeu`i `nnecsyri> e;be vai pa`gnwmy `mmauatt je `n;ok `k`scaji@ hiten nieu,y `nte ]`agia `mmyi Refke nem necsyri e;ouab `P[C[/coptic]
    Now like you said there is no mention of her sons, therefore my personal opinion is that you can say: [coptic]hiten nieu,y `nte ]`agia `mmyi Refke nem necsyri e;ouab `P[C[/coptic]

[quote author=bishoykhali link=topic=8521.msg107907#msg107907 date=1258867268]
    isn't 'bride of Christ' reserved for virgin martyrs like St. Demiana, St. Berbara, etc?

[coptic]`mmon - ]selet `nte P,C ne e;be `hli `ne;ouab ;yetacareh `ntecpar;enia[/coptic]
    No - [coptic]]selet `nte P,C [/coptic]are for any saint who preserved her virginity
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • Ophadece,

Sep`hmot
    Thanks

• [coptic]`mmon`hli
    oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • Hey! I'm from St. Rebekah COC in Orlando, Florida. There is a doxology and Hiten for St Rebeka.

[coptic]
    Hiten ni`eu,y@ `nte nimenra] `nte P=,=c@ Ierrebeka nem necsyri@ P=o=c...
    [/coptic]

I don't know if that is the correct spelling because I kinda wrote it from memory but:

Hiten ni evki ente ni menratee ente Pi ekhristos: Irevekah nem nec shiri epchois...

Through the prayers of the beloved of Christ: Rebeccah and her Children

Doxology (english)

What I Can remember (in english)

The faithful martyrs,
    who endured persecution
    for the name of Christ the Lord
    Rebeccah and her children

While they were praying
    the Lord's angel appeared to them
    they rejoiced when he announced
    to them their martyrdom

They gave their wealth to the poor
    they gave themselves up to death
    and refused to worship the idols
    they threw them in the fire but they did not burn

In Alexandria they tempted them
    With the glory of the world to deny their God
    they rejected their offerings
    and were crucified heads down

And after three full days
    they were raised in good health
    then they put them in boiling oil
    they were not harmed the soldiers were inflamed

They beheaded the children
    and then their mother
    the believers built a church for them
    their miracles appeared

Hail to you O Martyrs
    Who accepted many sufferings
    for the sake of their Lord Christ
    Rejoice in Paradise [in our church we say Rebecca and her Children in this line instead. Idk why]

Pray to the Lord on our behalf
    O beloved of Christ the King
    St. Rebekah and her children
    That he may forgive us our sins

strebekahorlando.org :D
  • [coptic]tenouwst p(t)amenrit>
    my ouontak `nourem`nKimi `ndoxologia?[/coptic]
    Do you have a Coptic doxology?
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • its at church I will take my laptop sometime this week and type it up there then post it here.
  • thanks tenoosht I'll be looking forward to that