God's Input [in refrence to election of priests]

I was just talking a couple days ago with a buddy, who was telling me about the recent election of a to-be-priest for their church.  The vote was not unanimous at all:  The to-be priest got like 280 votes, runner up got 250, and the other nominee got like 180 [the numbers are probably off, but you guys get the point].

According to what I know, a priest, is CHOSEN by God?  I'm wondering how so?  I know we believe that God knows everything, but what i'm seeing [and correct me if im mistaken] is that the fate of the church's new priest was left in the hands of the congregation who voted/elected him. 

Comments

• [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=8494.msg107703#msg107703 date=1258078225]
    I was just talking a couple days ago with a buddy, who was telling me about the recent election of a to-be-priest for their church.  The vote was not unanimous at all:  The to-be priest got like 280 votes, runner up got 250, and the other nominee got like 180 [the numbers are probably off, but you guys get the point].

According to what I know, a priest, is CHOSEN by God?  I'm wondering how so?  I know we believe that God knows everything, but what i'm seeing [and correct me if im mistaken] is that the fate of the church's new priest was left in the hands of the congregation who voted/elected him. 

when someone is chosen....if they are not suitable they are not ordained.
    God works through those who ordain the priest and through the person himself....not everyone is chosen you know.