Prayer for the Dead

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Does anyone have any prayers for the dead? I cannot find any to use during my prayer time. Any and all prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I know I'm stating the obvious  ;D but the Litany for the Dead in the Liturgy is really beautiful. I sometimes just pray it in my head, purely because its just so beautiful, especially with the tune.

There's also this section from the liturgy, just before the Intro to the Fraction:
    [coptic]ny men p[oic `eak[i `nnou'y,y ma`mton nwou qen piparadicoc nte pounof qen t,wra nte nyetonq sa eneh qen ieroucalim nte tve qen pima ete `emmau[/coptic]
    Those O Lord, whose souls you have taken, repose them, in the Paradise of Joy. In the region of the living forever, in the Heavenly Jerusalem, in that place.

[coptic]Anon de hwn qa nyetoi `nremnjwili qen paima areh eron qen peknah] moi nan `ntekhiriny sa `ebol[/coptic]
    And we too who are sojourners in this place, keep us in Your faith and grant us Your peace unto the end.

[coptic]ari`hmot twbh ehryi ejwi[/coptic]
  • Epchois Nai Nan, thank you very much for your help. I will make sure to write down the litany for the dead at church tomorrow.