if i where to die right now?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i must start of with saying i took holy communion this past sunday. now on monday i fell into a really bad sin.

i have confessed about all my past sins but this sin i just confessed last week before communion and i do it after i take communion

i am so frustarted and sad that i fell into this sin.

can i get advice please

and if i were to die right now would i go to hell?

salam.noskhor el messiah for all our blessings in life

Comments

• God only knows.
  • just keep in mind satan never stops after one victory, or even defeat... tell yourself not to do this sin just on that day, then the next day do the same.. its easier then telling yourself not to do that sin your entire life, if im making any sense
  • no u r not going to hell.
    u repented before God, and u r obviously sorry coz u told all of us about it!
    that is what matters, God sees your heart. as sodr2 says, keep working at this and God will help u in your weakness.
    God is not going to look at someone who tried to live according to His rules, repented from sin, trusted in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and loved Him with all his/her heart and then send them to hell on a 'technical' point of them not seeing their priest on the day of death and having absolution.
    of course, someone can 'pretend' to be a Christian and not really try to turn from sin, and not be saved (i mean someone who is genuinely not bothered about their sin), but in this case, their confession to the priest would also not be considered genuine by God. i guess this is not your case.
    i suggest u confess this to your FOC soon, though, as he can help you to avoid this sin again, give your reassurance, challenge you if you need it and give you the absolution.
  • I love all the words of encourgment that every one put here, god bless us all in our life of repentance and spiritual labour. I think the question was properly addressed, I just want to add few words to what was said.
    + Our life is a continuous life of repentance, so the heart is in a continuous state of joy from our Gods salvation and continuous change of mind from sin (metanoia=change of inner self).
    + whether we sin 1 hour after or 1 week after communion. our sin has been forgiven on the cross. All our sins for me, for you and for the whole world. The past, the present and even the future sin. we just have to live in this life of repentance. The only sin that is unforgiven is the one that is not repented for
    + One of the strong weapons of satan is guilt. Reasonable guilt is good to lead to repentance, But that is not what satan does, he pushes the guilt to the level of despair. This despair can lead us up to loose our salvation. Do not despair for the righteous falls 7 times 70 and come up again.
    +Remember the 1st communion that was established by our Lord Jesus Himself. He gave the bread and the wine, His very own body and blood to his diciples. Few hours later Peter denied him.but he repented and was saved
  • very good points, copticmark  :)