Ministry

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey everyone,
WhAt Qualities should a faithful servant of  God have? What verses or chapters in the BIble teach about ministry?

Thanxs 
GBU

Comments

• Hi marina,
    I'm not sure about specific verses in the bible about ministry, but an excellent book to read is The Spiritual Man by H.H. Pope Shenouda III.  The book itself has many verses in it, and it is a great book. I read it for the Philly competition :)

Pray for me, good luck, and glod bless! :)

Chris
  • Hmm that sounds like a great book. Thanks AikotiEnsok for recommending it :)

Just a few verses, I'm sure there's more...you can also check biblegateway.com or biblenews.com, they're great.

Remember the Lord in the days of your youth before the difficult days come. (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

Serve the Lord with gladness, come before His presence with singing. (Psalm 100:2)

"But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant." (Matthew 23:11)

But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift....And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; (Ephesians 4:7,11-12)

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, (1 Timothy 1:12)

Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity...give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. (1 Timothy 4:12-13)

But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. (2 Timothy 4:5)