Psychology

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys, im hoping to study psychology in university, but as for now i need the help of someone who has studied it and is good at it.

Ok so if someone smokes and the quits cold turkey they get irritated and mad and they stop feeling happy and they lose a lot of good emotions right?

Is it the same for stopping a sin you were "addicted" to? Is this something the devil is doing or psychological? Or is it something else?
Cause ive been trying hard to stop some sins after confessing them. now my heart is just heavy and its not the way its supposed to be after you stop sinning, i dont feel happy, i dont feel the same towards people in my life, it is void of love and joy. WHY?

Please help
Pray for me
God Bless you all
Thank You

Comments

• welcome to the wagon... Psychology is AMAZING!!!

if someone quits smoking they get all cranky due to the "need" of nicotine... but after that "need" is overcome, if the person sees another smoking they will start getting cranky due to their mal-conditioning of the good old classical conditioning... because they associated smoking with the relaxing feeling of cigarettes, so when they see the smoke and the cigarette they feel almost like they "need" it again... that's the psychological part... but at first they physiologically "need" it! 

now we just saw in your cigarette example that there is an addictive substance... and also a conditioned or learned part to it! so now let us look at sins...

now lets take a sin like smoking drugs... its close to your example and I can incorporate all that you asked easily!

a sin like smoking marijuana is not addicting physiologically, but yet if you stop you will keep wanting it, ESPECIALLY when you hang out with the crowd you use to smoke with... so here is where we come to is it psychological or demonic?!

its a bit of both... the devil cant do much, so most he'll do is put the idea in your head, you may accept it or not! and again with the background of associating "the sin" with "good times" our weak body will give in...

so the wrong idea is from the devil... but the associations and previous misconceiving conditioning is from you psychologically! 

now the main problem... you feel down even in repentance... and being "sad" and repentance don't go together at all!!!

and do you feel void due to the people in your life were the reason you sinned, and now in repentance you have no one?!

what I think you should do, sit down with abouna and tell him you are not happy in your repentance... and before that try to find the root of why you are not united with God...

but until then keep up with your mutanyas and prayer and fasting...

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah! 
  • WWOOOO PSYCHOLOGY haha...what kind of job are you planing to pursue with it?
  • Thanks Guys :D

I Believe, i plan God willing to pursue law with it :)
  • oh so the are you going to be a double major psych and cj?
  • Psychology is great!!! I'm actually graduating this year with an honours degree in that, it's a great program, very practical in real life. God bless you in everything and will choose the best thing for you.
    There is this amazing psychologist, Dr. Magdy Ishak Attallah, who comes on Aghapy TV sometimes, he can really help. He speaks english and arabic...you can find him on facebook or just email him...
    Jesus loves you :)
  • No, in Canada there is not prerequisit for law so i can take anything i like before it and ive chosen psych