10th Plague

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
There is a special on Sunday at 9 on TLC that says that the 10th Plague didn't kill Rameses' son, a mortal man did... I know it isn't true... but is it wrong to watch... any answeres or comments on this?

Comments

• i wonder if it's relevant if a mortal man killed Ramses' son. God struck the firstborn of the Egyptians, how he did it doesnt matter rite? lol. It's just as pointless as debating about the bigbang theory. WHO CARES??? maybe God used this method to create the universe, the bible says God created it, how he created it is irrelevant.

I'm sure there's no problem if u watch the program. I actually wonder what prove they have that Ramses' son was killed by a mortal man, perhaps u could give us a summary ;D ;)
  • Well, it is on at 9 pm on TLC, but however, it is relevant how he was killed, it specifically says that a MORTAL MAN killed the pharaoh's son, NOT GOD, it doesn't say that God used a mortal man, it says somebody, NOT GOD killed him, God had nothing to do. Ok.. I will get a summary on Monday then. Bye
  • It's just another attempt by the Devil to get you to doubt or question your faith.The program is basicaly saying that the Holy Bible is not true or that at best ,only partialy true, and that it contains many historical errors; thus the Bible is unreliable.The Word of God is clear:the LORD sent the Angel of Death to slay all the firsborn in Eygpt{those who were not under the protection of the blood}.

My blood boils everytime I see the advertisement for this program.The History channel{and TLC} has produced many anti-christian programs and this is just another attempt to discredit our christian faith.I say go ahead and watch it if you dont mind viewing a blatent attempt to undermine and ridicule our precious faith in God and His Holy Word.Arm yourself with" the shield of faith" since Satan is going to try to put doubts in your heart about the accuracy and trustworthiness of the Holy Bible.Just remember the the so called "evidence" they are basing their conclusions on probably has very little basis in fact but rather relies on "theories" and opinions of so called "experts".In truth they are expert not in history or archeology but only in human opinion and godlessness.Their claim to be experts is dubious at best and their expertise is based on flawed human understanding of hisory and the workings of our universe.
  • I actually saw another program on Discovery about the other plagues. It said that there were some algs that caused the water to become red, consequently the frogs escaped the water and filled the land etc, they had this " explanation" for everything. Personally i don't think this contradicts the bible. Why wouldn't God use nature for these plauges? I mean, God used a strong wind to cause the red sea to split rite?
  • I agree with you to some extent.God certainly does use natural causes to affect His sovereign plan and will for this world.It has played a very big part in God's overall scheme of things.But I feel some of these programs deny Gods hand and authority in human life and try to replace the truth with man-made{or should I say Satanic}theories that flat-out contradict what God says in the Holy Bible.
  • yeah they certainly overdo it, and deny GOd's work, but that's because they are Atheists probably, but to my it doesn't deny God's existence, it just proves God's great wisdom in using nature according to his own will ;)
  • ;) ;) ;)

[ it just proves God's great wisdom in using nature according to his own will /quote]

Your right!