new from las vegas

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey u guys im from las vegas and my friend from church here told me about this website. i like most of the topics u dicuss and i enjoy reading them but on some subjects i feel that u over did some things. like the cloning subject i can understand y not to clone people but i think we shud b able to like replicate vital organs and body parts so jus incase an accident happened to somebody it wont ruin their lives or the lives of their families. please write back u guys and im available to discuss things lots of the time on Aim my sn is gangstadirrty disregard the name dont like get angry about it its jus a sn

Comments

• The reason is because these vital organs are made from stem cells found in embryos. They must basically kill life to make and organ. The subject is not that we don't want to help people, It is by what means are they obtaining the stem cells needed to replicate organs. This is considered murder and that is why the church is against it.
  • ok if u havent noticed the embryo's used to make stem cells r better used to help people then go out and be gone forever in a month (special time of the month)
  • embryos are aborted after conception, a life has already been formed. an egg cell is basically whats disposed of when a woman has her period. They are two very different concepts and stem cell research that is deemed by some as unethical deals with the embryos, not the eggs.
  • ok i get all that but if we rn't gonna have that baby y not jus give it to science to help people out who really need it
  • The only way that the stem cells are obtained is to abort the foetus/ embryo, which if this were not occuring would otherwise develop into a baby. It is not a question of the baby not being born, the parents have made a conscious decision not to have it; it is not the same as a miscarriage. As I understand it the stem cells have to be given to genetically similar people, ie. members of the same family, so the whole process of the development of the embryo is similar to premeditated murder (my opinion). It cannot be the case that there just "happens" to be an embryo available.

PS. Welcome to tasbeha.org

[edit: this tread should probably now cross over into the cloning one]
  • ok well they're choosing to get rid of it ok well jus get rid of the fetus and give it to science if u wanna go on my ideas of abortion at all thats a completely different subject if u wanna talk to me about abortion itself jus email me at [email protected]
  • Hey everybody,
    I posted this link in the abortion thread, but I figure this would be more relevant in this discussion:

http://www.lacopts.org/general.php?id=P1426

An article title , "The Church's Perspective on Stem Cell Research"
    By H.G. Bishop Serapion.

It is short, but I found it very beneficial.
    What do you guys think?

-George
  • an excellent article. I think it outlines the Christian (not just COC) position perfectly. It is nice when people actually take a moral stand on controversial issues rather than pandering to the money-spinners.

GBU.