Please pray 4 me

edited September 2009 in Prayer Requests
hey everyone,

lately, i have been getting tempted to sin many times in different ways and its difficult at times to stop. Please if u have any advice on how i can control and stop sinning. Please remember me in ur prayers

Comments

• Well this really depends on the actual type of "sin."
    But a general rule to know, is to "Never be afraid to Run Away" i.e. run away from the source of the sin!
  • +Tell your confession father about this. He's not only your confession father, but your spiritual father as well. Dont fight these temptations alone. You need a guide and that guide is your Confession Father. Ask also your confession father to pray for you. Because his prayers will protect you. In the book Practical Spirituality according to the desert father by Father Athanasius Iskander says on page 19:
    One very important weapon in the fight against these sales pitches
    is to ask your father in confession to pray for you. Just phone him and
    tell him, “Abouna the salesman is almost convincing me, please help
    me with your prayers.”
    The book, The Paradise of the Fathers, tells us that a monk was
    sent by his father in confession to do an errand in the city, when he
    went into the house he was supposed to go to, a beautiful girl tried to
    entice him to sin with her, he immediately cried out, “Lord through the
    prayers of my father in confession please save me”, and immediately he
    found himself on the road towards the Monastery.

(you can find this book in the following link: http://www.stmaryscopticorthodox.ca/content/books/spirituality.pdf )

and pour out everything to God..He will help you. you cant overcome satan without the power of God.
  • this is all correct. james 4:7 says 'submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee form you'.
    the key is submitting to God. accept from him the more menial job you are offered, the irritation of a well-meaning friend who does not understand you, the health problems you may have etc, do His will and don't ask for praise or glory. then you will receive the greatest blessing, which is being close to God when you are humble and obedient.
    when you are standing close to God, it is easier to resist the devil!
    and pray for me because this is easier to say than it is to do!