Interpreting a dream

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i had a dream the other night that has been plaguing me. i cant remember every single part, but the main premise was i was watching the inauguration of i believe the antichrist, at first i thought a new pope because the person, whom i could not see, was surrounded by orthodox monks and bishops and other people. Abouna and i were watching this and i told him that i was scared, he agreed and we both came to the realization that this was the end, this is why i think this shadowy figure was the antichrist. so abouna and i were trying to find a way to keep the true church alive by going underground and masking ourselves somehow to keep the faith alive. can someone help me? does this mean anything or is it just a dream?

Comments

• +was there a Cross in your dream?
    if not then this dream is from the devil..

in the book Practical Spirituality according to the Desert Fathers on page 43 it says:
    A spiritual person will always deem him/herself unworthy of these
    revelations. Dreams are totally under the control of the devil. God
    spoke to certain people through dreams, but these can be counted on
    the fingers and they were saints and prophets, not sinners like us. We
    should not give much weight to dreams. Saint Antony once said, “He
    who believes in dreams is the toy of the demons.”

(you can download this book and read it from
    http://www.stmaryscopticorthodox.ca/content/books/spirituality.pdf and ask you confession father before you practice any spiritual exercise...)

Tell you confession father about this dream.
  • i do remember the monks having crosses on their heads, you know on their hat things that they wear. thanks for the book Fr. Athanasius is great!
  • + ok if u definately remember the cross in your dream then..u need to tell your confession father and im sure the Holy Spirit will guide him to answer..Rabena Maek and He loves u more than u can imagine!!
  • thank you for all your help. it just made me sad. we watched all these people glorifying this shadowy figure, and alot of Orthodox people were singing praises to this person. it really bothers me when i think about it. thank you again for your help.
  • +Brother..we all need to pray to God that He will always guide us in His way, because we have tasted Him and there is nothing better than God Almighty, our beloved. So we should always remember that
    "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24 30-31
    He won't appear on earth, the anti-christ will.

its good that you felt sad because it shows u love God (without God we can do nothing)..so keep praying to Him that He will increase your hunger and thirst for Him and that u will never go astray!!! Trust in Him and He will answer!!! God is the Lover of mankind and He is the Good Shepherd and He will guide you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (JOHN 14:27) read the whole chapter it will give u comfort!
  • thank you so much iloveJesus. i had that feeling the whole dream. it was overwhelming. i thought to myself, this cant be! orthodox falling away and accepting this madness. it reminds me of Luke 18:8 "when the son of man returns will He find faith on the earth." i felt great sadness and atleast got a peice of what it would feel like when the anti-christ comes, but if im here when he does come i will know not to despair as i did in the dream. please pray for me, i have been debating atheists to perfect my arguments against them that im putting in a book and it has made me deeply sad and closer to God at the same time. please pray for me all of you, you are all saints in my eyes!