When you've nothing left to say

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Yesterday, I was pulling out of the parking lot when I hit another car. I was only moving two miles an hour, went a bit wide and ended up hitting another person's car. Thank God that the person was generous enough to dismiss it as a knick/scratch to the back of his car and didn't even file a claim to the insurance. Had he done that, I'd of lost the car. However, the entire front of my car is all scratched up and there's a dent. All this from just going 2 miles an hour and hitting a stationary car. Both very small.

I then took it to a car repair shop to get an estimate. I then realize the entire side of my car is scratched up as well and there are two dents on the car. Not to mention the headlight is also scratched and the hubcap of the car is as well. The repairman said it'll cost 1,100 dollars to get it all fixed. All from moving 2 miles an hour and side swiping a stationary car.

I feel thankful, yet I feel as if God is making me pay in some way for my stupidity. I'm beside myself right now, I really don't know what to say.

I need help and prayers. Please pray for me., I still have to explain this to my dad who is none too happy right now.

Comments

• +its these times that we are tested in our faithfulness to God. Stay faithful..because His plan are perfect..
    He holds the waters of the Earth in the palm of Your Hand (Isaiah 40:12). No problem is ever too big, it is not a problem in His Hands. Leave everything in His Hands.
  • I am sorry for your situation, and pray that the Lord will resolve it peacefully for you.

I have been trying to learn from all the situations that I encounter, I mean a lesson for my own spiritual benefit. From your post I could not help thinking about how even a small sin, just a 2 mile an hour sin, can cause much damage to our spiritual lives. We think we have escaped, with maybe just a dent in the bumper, but then we realise that there is a lot more damage. The side is all scratched up, a headlight is broken, and it is going to cost a great deal to repair.

Even a harsh word, or a lustful glance, can be such a 2 mile an hour sin. It can spoil the whole day, separate us from God and others and though we think the effects have passed we discover that serious damage has been done. Only earnest prayer and repentance can fix the dents.

Father Peter