Forgiveness

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys, well we all know that we must forgive one another in order to be forgiven and we also must be quick in forgiveness. If that is the case then is being mad for just a few minutes wrong? It's hard not get mad at all :-\.. I asked someone before and they said yes and you must confess for it..but what do you guys think?

Comments

• hey servantofjesus,
    personally i have a really bad temper and its not a thing u'd wanna have.. i can easily get mad and i've been trying to stop but it's REALLY EXTREAMLY hard bcz when i get mad, i get mad for a long tym.. so i dunno i've never herd of getting mad being a SIN.. if i'm wrong can sumone plz correct me.. :-\

Rina ;)

• well it may not be considered a sin but you have to confess it so God can forgive you for not forgiving your brethern..It may not be categorized under sin but i supposed it's still wrong.. :)
  • Hi ServantOfJesus,

-remember this verse "Be angry, and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your wrath" Ephesians 4:26
    Yes, we all have to forgive one another and its important that we forgive quickly, why should we fill our hearts with anger and hatred towards one another?

-Jesus tells us the importance of forgiving one another:
    "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift." Matthew 5:23-24

Whether its a sin or not talk to your father of confession about it ...he should give you advice on how to control your anger..or what to do...
  • Its almost never easy to forgive, but God says we have to forgive because he forgave us despite the fact that we, his own people, executed him yet he still forgave us all upon the wood of the cross...If ur finding it hard to forgive someone who wronged u a little, remember that God forgave u for wronging him a lot! Right before they casted lots on his garments Jesus looked up and said "Father, forgive them for they no not what they do"...luke 23: sumthing (sorry 4got which verse)

Matthew 6:14-15 says "If you forgive those who sin against you, your father in heaven will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, you Father will not forgive your sins"

Matthew 18:21-22 "Then peter came to him and asked, Lord how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times? "NO!" Jesus replied, "Seventy times seven!"

Romans 12:17-18 "Never pay pack evil for evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible."

Colossians 3: 13 "You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others"

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • Thanks a lot guys ;D