Is it "Forbidden"?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey
Ive got a Little Problem and wanted to ask about your opinion.
So,Is it Forbidden for a Girl(Surely that Girl is 18) To Move out from Home without being Married?
Because I hear it often from People in my surrounding...

Please pray for my weaknesses

Vanessa

Comments

• no, not at all. but this brings another question, why would someone want to move out at 18? like it might be really simple, if someone is working long hours or studying, maybe they no longer want to share a room with their little sister who listens to the radio till late at night, or maybe they work far from their parents and hate the long journey, but if there are family problems, maybe these need to be faced and sorted out.
    it's true that once you have worked away from home it might be hard to move back. for example i have a 38 year old single friend, she does not intend to move back with her parents!
  • 18 is rather a young age for a person to move out from home, whether male or female.

It depends so much on the circumstances as mabsoota has said, and this is not the place to really find a definite answer. Have you shared your reasons with your FOC and asked his advice?

There can be good reasons, but generally 18 is very young and would leave any person liable to many trials and temptations.

God bless you and keep you

Father Peter
  • Thank you for your Reply Father Peter,No i didnt talk with my FOC about it but its a very Good Idea.

Thank you Mabsoota,I Think its mainly about Family Problems..
  • hey vany, i know u from youtube lol
  • It is not at all forbidden, however it must be made sure that the girl is mature and responsible enough to move out. It could be good, giving her real world experience while she is still young and making mistakes early on that she can fix before it is later and too late in her life. However, where the maturity and responsibility part comes in is when they should have good enough judgment to not get then into something that could have a negative effect and they will regret for the rest of there lives.

God Bless!!