Full Deacon

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
How can someone go from a chanter to a Arch Deacon ?

Comments

• [quote author=geomike15 link=topic=8283.msg105665#msg105665 date=1251065427]

i haven't met or even heard about many "archdeacons" in our Coptic Church. i think it's a little differnt in our sister-orthodox churches.

I guess it takes as many years as you need. There are many rules concerning this rank because it includes ALL THE DUTIES of the ranks under (ALL 4 ranks). One of the things that make it harder thoo is the fact that no one can get married after being a FULL DEACON, the rank before.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=jibrahim23 link=topic=8283.msg105668#msg105668 date=1251079747]
    First you need to know all the church hymns and then proceed to Oghanostos (reader) You need to become good at that then become a Sub-Deacon Then Deacon And Then Finally Archdeacon

hehe.... :D
    i wish it's as easy done as said.........
    especially that first part: "need to know all the church hymns."
    NO CANTOR KNOWS ALL CHURCH HYMNS.....i will bet on this with everything i have.
    you just need to know what's "needed" in most general services and what is necessarily.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=8283.msg105666#msg105666 date=1251065995]
    [quote author=geomike15 link=topic=8283.msg105665#msg105665 date=1251065427]

i haven't met or even heard about many "archdeacons" in our Coptic Church. i think it's a little differnt in our sister-orthodox churches.

I guess it takes as many years as you need. There are many rules concerning this rank because it includes ALL THE DUTIES of the ranks under (ALL 4 ranks). One of the things that make it harder thoo is the fact that no one can get married after being a FULL DEACON, the rank before.

Actually Mina, in California I actually met an archdeacon who serves in a church under anba Serapion and he actually distributed the Blood during communion.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=8283.msg105671#msg105671 date=1251081570]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=8283.msg105666#msg105666 date=1251065995]
    [quote author=geomike15 link=topic=8283.msg105665#msg105665 date=1251065427]

Actually Mina, in California I actually met an archdeacon who serves in a church under anba Serapion and he actually distributed the Blood during communion.

Well yeah. They many full deacons and archs in Cali. Normally they all are ordained to give the blood as full deacons. So it stays with them after.
  • i thought u just get prayed on by a bishop and ur a deacon doing any position (serving altar, outside singing, inside sleeping lol)
  • sodr2,
    We are talking about the duties and the responsibilities that each rank holds.

---

i think you guys are confusing this. it's not that simple to right in a paragraph or 2. there are many things for this including maturity, knowledge, spirituality, age...etc.