Question Regarding Revelations

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
St. Paul says regarding heaven-"What NO eye has seen nor ear heard neither has come upon the heart of man"

So is the book of revelations describing paradise or heaven? For the people who dont know the difference, paradise is like the waiting place of the righteous until judgement day when they will go to heaven.

PK

Comments

• [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=8258.msg105390#msg105390 date=1250220898]
    St. Paul says regarding heaven-"What NO eye has seen nor ear heard neither has come upon the heart of man"

So is the book of revelations describing paradise or heaven? For the people who dont know the difference, paradise is like the waiting place of the righteous until judgement day when they will go to heaven.

PK

the same Saint Paul who said this went up in a revelation to the high heaven. that is the difference. We see things from far away through revelations. the term "see" here is not the best to use. We LEARN about the the heavenly things through revelations. think about the verse that said "No one have seen God, only the Son knows" referring to the Father. But wait, didn't Daniel see the Father, the Ancient of Day and didn't Stephen see Jesus on the right hand of the Father. DOES THE HOLY BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF?! of course not. the origin of the word "see" in the original Greek refers to a different way of "seeing," referring to "knowing" the Father because truly no one KNOWS the Father in His essence other than the Son.
  • i view the orthodox church as an apocalypse. before i became orthodox, the veil was slowly lifted revealing the truth, upon that i was lead to my death and resurection in my new body to partake in the exodus of the people toward heaven culminating with receiving our Lord. the apocalypse describes the beginning and the end of all things upon which our Lord returns to judge all mankind.