Body vs. Blood of Christ

Logically, one would think they are Both, equally important.  They complete each other and you can't have One without the Other?

Point 1.
I've noticed that in the Catholic Church, a person has the option of taking the Blood, or passing on it.  (but for the sake of the question, I'll pass on this point b/c they have different rites)

Point 2.
In our COC, Deacons (those ordained who wear a black tunic) are allowed to distribute the Blood, ONLY, and are not allowed to touch the Body.

Does this mean, that we view the Body as of higher importance than the blood, and hence, a Deacon is not allowed to touch it, but allowed to touch the Blood?

I know this question may seem silly to many, but it's always bothered me and i have yet to find an answer for it.
Thanks

Comments

• I thought only Archdeacons are allowed to touch the cup where the Blood is held (not the actual blood) whereas with the Body you'd have to touch the actual body... I also thought this was only allowed in circumstances where the priest can't hold the cup himself...

Plz someone correct me if I'm wrong..
  • The deacon can not touch the blood, He can only hold the cup and assist the priest in giving the communion, but the priest can touch the body and the blood, ex, if he is giving communion to a baby, he dips his finger in the blood and puts it in the baby's mouth, i don't believe a deacon can do that, he can only give it out using the spoon