Repeating Sin

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
please pray for me. i have fallen into the same sin many times and i need your prayers to help me. i know that what i am doing is wrong but i cant stop myself.

please pray for me and my weakness.

Comments

• God be with you
    I don't want you to give up

Just try to stand and repent to God And tell Him God I have sinned against you and I can't overcome this sin on my own so Please help me and use the intercession of Saints specially St. Mary

God be with you and Helps you

Glory be to God
  • I will pray for you as you should pray for me because I am struggling with the same sin

Pray for me as I will pray for you

• please continue to pray for me.. i need as many prayers as i can get. im still struggling with this sin unfortunately.
  • I will pray for you and you keep praying for yourself. "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matt 21:22

I would like to share this experience with you. 3 days ago, I was in danger and I was really scared. I agreed with a person to pray and fast for 3 days. We did and on the first day of fasting, I learned that the danger will be removed and today it was totally removed.

""Again, I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." Matt 18:19

I owe it to someone, so if you want me to pray and fast with you, I'm willing. We can ask permission from any Abouna and may be others can join as well. just let me know. May God's name be glorified with you, Amen.
  • Hey, I said this in another post but for you ill say it again for your benefit. Its a story but i want you to do it, a Boy went to his father and told him "Dad im struggling with the sin of cursing and i cant stop" so his father said "okay, whenever you do this sin go out to the fence and hammer ONE nail into it" (And say after every hit "my lord jesus christ son of God have mercy on me a sinner"). So the boy did as told, and one day he had 10, the next 7, the next 5, the next 2 and so on untill he stopped. So he went to his father and said "I stopped it!" so the father told him "okay now, for every day you go without commiting this sin you can pull out ONE nail for every day". The boy did as told and when he eventually pulled out all of them, the father pointed out that there were still scars from the nails the boy pulled out.

-The scars can mean many things but thats not the point we are focusing on.... just try this technique out because this one abouna gave a sermon at my church and said that. tell me if it works
  • maybe this picture will inspire you

• wow

i gotta tell you

THIS PICTURE REAlly DISTURBED ME

BUT IT WORKED
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If it is to do with sexual sins, they don't grow very well when they are exposed to the light. I not only confessed it with my confession father, I told my dad, a few people from church that I trusted. I made myself accountable, at the beginning daily etc. I made them put internet filters on my computers. I also have plans intact when I get tempted- I give a message to my priest saying I am tempted. I then pray, and then I run etc.

I started focussing on my prayer life, and my obedience, and thanked God every day, and "watched and prayed". Remember God is greater than your sins.

Also read "The life of repentance and purity", or any other book your FOC recommends. Talk with him. Meditate on the commands of the Lord.

Everyday- pray for freedom- and thank God every day, for everything, included every day you do not do this particular sin, and acknowledge to Him it is only by His grace.

I have learnt a lot of verses that I will say at times of temptation. Read the book "Practical Spirituality" by Hegomen Athanasius (I believe).

I like these verses- when Satan makes me feel weak, that it is inevitable that I will sin, or when He tells me that it is by my own efforts, I put on Christ, and recite one of these verses:

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it. (Col 2:13-15)

24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.(1 Cor. 9:24)

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:57)

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”(John 16:33)

4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.(1 John 4:4)

Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:5)

Hope I helped somewhat.

Listen to Fr Anthony's series on Joshua.

This is the best resource instantly available:
    http://www.stbishoy.org.au/modules/wordpress/purity-by-fr-antonios/

GBU
  • I have the same exact problem. I will pray for you. Please pray for me.

God Bless