Abouna blessings

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I was just wondering what kinds of things do people normally ask abouna to bless for them? I am still trying to figure out what is appropriate and what is not without looking too stupid. Thanks.

Comments

• hey,
    I dont' think there is anything that you can not ask abouna's blessing in.. you can ask for just about anything..in sickness, work, family, in any aspect of your personality, for any weakness that you may have.. . there are not stupid questions.. the stupidity is in not asking..
  • What about objects? What kind of objects are normally blessed by abouna? Like crosses or bibles or rings or what? I really am new to this kind of stuff. Thanks for your help.
  • u can ask abouna to bless anything. abouna is supposed to be your friend, father, brother, everything (just like the church)
    even if its an application or something. hope this helped.

• Yes, it is all helpful. But what I really wanted to know was what kind of stuff is NORMALLY asked to be blessed. I am just trying to get a feeling for all this new stuff I am learning. Thanks.
  • you can ask him to pray and bless you, I alway bug my abouna to pray for me, and for school. you can ask him to bless a relationship... you can ask him to bless anything.
  • hey Larry, i got news for u, no one is normal ;D ;). lol.
  • Don't u tell abouna wut goes on in ur life? i mean like how school, work, realationship, etc. he can bless those things and he can also bless ur house which i VERY EXTREAMLY normal and ur new car which is also VERY EXTREAMLY normal, and basicly anything that ur going through i mean if its like not an object u can write on a piece of paper and give to abouna to read it during the litergy thats when the angel comes and takes our prayers, etc. hope i helped bcz u seem confused!! if i wasn't any good then..
    GOOD LUCK!! and pray 4 me

Rina ;)
  • Thank you all. You were all very helpful. I think I get it, there is nothing that you can't ask Abouna to bless for you, right?
  • u got it gurl (or guy)...lol :)... i'm not sure :-\!!!!!!!!!
  • I tell my Priest almost everything, even Student Council decisions in my school, I have to ask him first. I feel that he is my friend with respect to his authority yet is that unappropriate? I let him choose my school I ask him about everything.

Mike