The End of times

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
In the Bible, Jesus says that only the Father knows the hour of the end of times. How come Jesus doesn't know, even though He is an equal person of the Holy Trinity with the Father and The Holy Spirit? This question is not for anyone to stumble upon or question the faith. But, I'd like further details on this topic.

Thanks

+God Bless You+

Comments

• Mark 13:32 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

I think when referring to the "Son" it means the humanity of Jesus not His divine nature, because by His divine nature He knows everything.....
    I think it just meant that we shouldnt be concerned when the end of the world really is...because no one knows when they will die...
  • Princess, GREAT response.
    I remember somone asked this question in my church once and the answer I got was a great anaolgy.
    Have you ever asked a your teacher about something you don't understand (a word or an expression), the teacher will say something along the lines of, "Go look it up" (I know i got that a few times) This is not because she doesn't know the answer, but rather to let you learn it on your own.
    Same thing with Jesus, he didn't want to give us a set time and date that way we don't put off our own salvation. Hope this helps.

Random thoughts:
    Thought I would share this with you and see what your opinion might be.
    You know how Jesus Discribed the end of Days in Matthew 24 (among other places). Every time I read this passage, I start wondering when will these things take place.
    Then I relaized, For the past few thousand years there were wars and rumors of wars, there were famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. Basically everything Jesus Discribed at the time. I think what he was tryin to say is when you hear about these things, think that the end is comming.
    Just my random Thoughts.
  • yea, many people believe the end is near..but wether it is or isn't doesn't matter because you never know when your end is..
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=1;threadid=819;start=0#msg14627 date=1101251060]
    yea, many people believe the end is near..but wether it is or isn't doesn't matter because you never know when your end is..

Very true... nice!
  • In the Bible, Jesus says that only the Father knows the hour of the end of times. How come Jesus doesn't know, even though He is an equal person of the Holy Trinity with the Father and The Holy Spirit? This question is not for anyone to stumble upon or question the faith. But, I'd like further details on this topic.

Very good question, here is the answer I got from a Bishop... well Jesus is 100% human and 100% God, so if he responds with I dont know when is the end of time, he is does not lie, because no human knows it... and really he did not want to say. here is an example if someone went to the grave where jesus laid, and knocked and asked "jesus are you dead" and if Jesus replies with yes, Jesus wouldve not been lying, but saying the truth, because jesus the human died, but jesus the God lived, the never seperate, but sometimes jesus didnt wanna say something, but he never lies
  • Nothing bothers me more than people saying it is the end of times ( not that anyone said it, just making a statement).

2Peter CH. 3 could not explain it anymore clearly... verse 10: "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise; and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up". No scientific theory or master mind can calculate or come up with a formula that's going to give him a time/place when God will once more walk the earth. I was so convinced that wars and earthquakes, which 1Timothy ch. 3 speaks of, were signs of the last days, but I've come to see that those thoughts are far beyond foolish. Who are we to try and figure out when God's coming...instead of wasting time calculating and thinking... we should be preparing for that day because it could be this second you're reading this or in the next billion generations...

sorry guys i know it's not the exact topic, i just wanted to get this out because many people are confused about this topic, me being the "many people"...so i just wanted to see if my "thinkings" are in place or not....don't hold back ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*