Apostle's Fast

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
What is the duration of the Apostle's Fast? I know it started June 8th.

Comments

• [quote author=Anastasi link=topic=8104.msg104047#msg104047 date=1244781329]
    What is the duration of the Apostle's Fast? I know it started June 8th.

the apostles fast is the only fast that may have a differnt number of days every year. it starts the monday after the sunday of Pentecost and end with APostles' feast, Sts Peter and Paul feast, apip 12
  • which in the west european calendar is 12th June
    ;)
  • Hi Mabsoota

Feast of the Apostles is 13th July, Epip 5, which is 29th June on the Western Church calendars. There is quite a way still to go on the journey of this fast.  :)

Father Peter
  • i am sorry. i was a week off with the date of the feast.
  • that's nothing, i was a month off! i meant the last day of the fast was 12 july!
    that will teach me to post stuff after working a night shift  :P
    sorry guys!
  • [coptic]Piehoou `nte pisai `nte nima;ytyc oi =i=b Iwl`ia `mmon piehoou `nqae `nte ]nyctia[/coptic]
    The day of the feast of the apostles is 12 July not the last day of the fast
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=8104.msg104061#msg104061 date=1244811067]
    [coptic]Piehoou `nte pisai `nte nima;ytyc oi =i=b Iwl`ia `mmon piehoou `nqae `nte ]nyctia[/coptic]

How is it not the last day of the fast if the feast falls on a sunday?
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=8104.msg104062#msg104062 date=1244815183]
    [quote author=ophadece link=topic=8104.msg104061#msg104061 date=1244811067]
    [coptic]Piehoou `nte pisai `nte nima;ytyc oi =i=b Iwl`ia `mmon piehoou `nqae `nte ]nyctia[/coptic]

How is it not the last day of the fast if the feast falls on a sunday?

sunday. wow. that's a first to me. i don't think anything special happens. we break the fast sunday.