Time

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Kol Sana wento Tyibeen!!!!!

I have a little problem. I dont know how to stop wasting time. What should i do?
Please help.

Please pray for me

May God Bless you

Comments

• Well first thing is get off this forum. lol Just kidding. Just manage your time better, is it that you have a lot of free time or does it come down to laziness about doing other tasks? If its the first, then maybe pick up your Bible read some spiritual books or contemplations. I suggest HH book, Have You Seen the One I Love? Also get yourself busy with any type of activity, exercise or go out with friends do anything. Don't spend too much idle time because then you leave yourself open to the snares of the enemy.

If its because you are lazy then thats a different story. Could it be because you lack time management skills? If so, try when you wake up after praying, make a small list of things you need to do during the day and check them off as you go. Motivate yourself to get work done. Basically just find things to fill your day up. Hope this helped

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Thanks jy deacon I like this forum :P
    Unfortunatly, I have a lack of time managment skills. It's hard to manage my time when I get so distracted just being lazy. I don't know what to do. :'(
  • Lol who doesn't like this forum!? haha If you have lack of time management skills, the only way to really gain better skills is to practice and learn how to manage your time wisely. So if you have homework, write what you need to down, then one by one as your completing them cross them off so that you feel you've accomplished something. Also maybe you can ask your parents to get on your back about completing things so that maybe can be your motivation? In all honesty the motivation has to come from within, that is why laziness is so hard to fight. But don't worry you can do it. The fact you realized you are lazy is the first step. So now everything is in your hands! When you feel lazy, instead of saying, oh I'll get to it later, get up and do it! Seize the moment. Christ wants to see us working! Not sitting idly wasting our time! Now I'm for sure the last one to speak about this, but thats really the only thing to do. Just get up and do it instead of complaining that you are lazy. Hope this helps a little and if it seems harsh I didn't mean it to come off that way. Kol sana wenty tayiba!

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • "This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good workds and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

"And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." (Galatians 6:9)

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome." (1 John 5:3)

"Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41)

i hope these help =)
  • [quote author=marina008 link=topic=7939.msg102681#msg102681 date=1241648890]
    Kol Sana wento Tyibeen!!!!!

I have a little problem. I dont know how to stop wasting time. What should i do?
    Please help.

Please pray for me

May God Bless you

Christ has risen!

I'm just curious, but what do you feel has wasted your time? What activities?

Is it using the internet? or is it becoming side-tracked with irrelvant things on the internet that are interesting anyway?

Is it talking to people and not being able to tell them your are busy? And if so, was the conversation fruitful? Did it help you in anyway??

Thanks for giving us your answers, and I really think you have a really good question. Its not that obvious for anyone.

Take care
  • Thank you all
    you guys really helped me out
    jy deacon I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! ;D
    I just tend to get side tracked & waste time by sleeping, talking
    KOL SANA WIN TOM TYBENN!!

KHRISTOS ANETY!

GBU

Please pray for my weaknesses

Marina
  • [quote author=marina008 link=topic=7939.msg102778#msg102778 date=1241814338]
    Thank you all
    you guys really helped me out
    jy deacon I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! ;D
    I just tend to get side tracked & waste time by sleeping, talking

it's great you love this forum. but things need to always have limits.
  • Mina is right, everything has limits, even this site should, if this site takes you away from doing things that are more important then you should get off of it, or if it takes you away from time you could spend reading the Bible or praying you should realize that even if this site is great, it won't help your salvation to stay on here for hours
  • Yes, you guys are right
    i think I will start really start spending my time with things that are important
    GBU
    Thanks guys  :)
    Please pray for me
  • We have twenty four hours in a day and if we honestly think about it that is a lot of time. Yet most of us waste that time doing nothing of much value. Unfortunately most of us, myself being the first, do not have our priorities straight. Christ should e number one in our daily lives. Giving Him at least ten percent, which is more than two hours. How many of us do that? Probably a very small minority. On the other hand if we spend valuable time with the Lord, however we use the rest of our day does not really matter. It has already been a fruitful and successful day and I am sure the rest of the day will take care of itself.

God Bless