Have your say!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
The question is what elements about a man that makes a/his girl/partner or wife respect his word alot more and place him in high regards, but also makes her feel she wants to be by his side at every chance she gets (loves him the more).

Some say that the man needs to be of higher status (occupation) for example in order for his partner to be more attentive and obedient to his advice/word (less argumentative/stuborn). Others say its the physical features or the manly voice of the person that makes his girl feel more willing to listen/follow his words as she feels priveledged to be with such a guy that other girls would kill to have. It may also be the attention he recieves from his friends/community that makes him more appealing to her as a partner, yet she forgets to consider the quite character sitting alone. There are also things like his open minded approach, religious position and family among other things, but all that have been mentioned above are only suggestions to get you guys to discuss openly the issue.     

I'm currently writing an article regarding this issue and would appreciate if you guys gave your honest opinions. Thanks 

Comments

• when i said guys in my post I meant girls as well to discuss their opinions just incase their is any miss understanding that I meant only male opinions.
  • that sounds a bit sexist actually, it's a little offensive. if you love HER and respect HER and don't expect her to do everything you tell her without using her own brain, maybe she will also love you. Believe me, it has nothing to do with the way you look, that is only in the beginning of the relationship. afterwards she won't care how attractive you are or what her friends think of you, it will depend mostly on how you treat her and how much love there is between the two of you. (i would just like to point out that if you order her around all the time like she is your slave or something, she will certainly be argumentative).
    Of all the things you have said, the only thing i agree with is that people definitely do respect you more if you are open-minded. Religiousness may be an issue for some women, but if you are "religious" and still a hateful and rude person she will not appreciate it because the true spirituality is not about how much you go to church or things that are tangible, but about the work of the Holy Sprit inside of you, something that I am always guilty of forgetting.
    i hope this helps you good luck and sorry if i was a bit harsh =)
  • for me it's about how close someone is to God, full of the Holy Spirit (as evidenced by the fruit; love joy peace etc - galatians 5:22 and 1 corinthians 13).
    when someone reminds me of God i respect them a lot  :)
  • i agree with mabsoota! =)