The Hardest Sin to Stop

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
So i'm your average 16 year old boy, and of course i get average 16 year old boy thoughts (i.e lust about women) when those thoughts come, and they come very frequently, it leads me to masturbation. i know its wrong and i feel guilty but i cant help it. ive been doing it for almost 4 years and i confess it but can't manage to stop for more than a 3 or 4 weeks. some people, my non coptic friends, tell me its fine and that its not actually a sin in fact it relieves stress and is healthy. I'm pretty sure its a sin. Is it a sin, and how can i stop?
please give me some advice, any information will help, its best if you know what im going through and how to quit

Comments

• [quote author=Searching link=topic=7842.msg101817#msg101817 date=1239674807]
    So i'm your average 16 year old boy, and of course i get average 16 year old boy thoughts (i.e lust about women) when those thoughts come, and they come very frequently, it leads me to masturbation. i know its wrong and i feel guilty but i cant help it. ive been doing it for almost 4 years and i confess it but can't manage to stop for more than a 3 or 4 weeks. some people, my non coptic friends, tell me its fine and that its not actually a sin in fact it relieves stress and is healthy. I'm pretty sure its a sin. Is it a sin, and how can i stop?
    please give me some advice, any information will help, its best if you know what im going through and how to quit

this should answer your question: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=7755.msg101586#msg101586

specially the posts of peterfarrington (Father Peter)