Please help me through a crisis

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi,

I used to be on this website back when I was into the church, but I haven't been on here in a while. I don't want to give my name or any information, I just want to talk and get help.  I was never a perfect Christian or anywhere close, but I never did something extremely bad until I got to college. I have messed up in a lot of ways, and I just want someone to tell me it's okay, and to tell me that all it takes is to turn back and it'll be okay, but if that's not the answer that's correct, then I guess you can just tell it to me as it is. I'm really sad. Can someone help me please? I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Please help. I want to establish a new relationship with God, despite all the really bad things I've done. So someone help me or tell me something. Please. Thanks.
  • Dude,

OF COURSE you can start a new relationship with God!!! The Church and Jesus's message itself are BUILT upon the idea of God's sympathy for our weakness. We have all done stupid things, but Jesus Himself said:

"He who comes to me I will by no means cast out."

In fact, dare I say it, the fact the fact that you want to renew your relationship with God may well be His own way of calling you back to Him. God works in mysterious ways...

The point is, the Bible makes it clear that it is NEVER too late to come back to God. It doesn't matter what you have done at all. Moses the Black stole and murdered and pillaged before he became a monk, Mary the Egyptian was a prostitute, Matthew, the author of the first Gospel was a tax collector (meaining he overcharged the poor people of Jerusalem to fill his own pocket), Paul of Tarsus killed countless Christians before his conversion and King David himself, a man whom God called 'a man after My own heart' had an adulterous affair with a woman and then murdered her husband when he got suspicious! We are all sinners, there's no escaping it. Before God, we are all equal, so no matter what you have done, if you are sincerely interested in making amends then the very purpose of the Church is to help you make that happen.

You should go to church next time you get a chance and simply tell Abouna what you said here:

[quote author=FindTheWayToday link=topic=7825.msg101716#msg101716 date=1239354363]
    Please help. I want to establish a new relationship with God, despite all the really bad things I've done.

God bless you

• Is it really that easy though? There's a sin that I'm holding on to very tightly, and I can't let go of it, and I don't feel too bad anymore for doing this sin. But I know that sin separates you from God, and I always feel that because I do this sin so much, I would be a hypocrite to go to church and pretend when I know I'm just going to do the sin later on.
  • It is that easy if anyone wishes to make a new start and repent of sin. It does not matter what sins you have committed, or how grevious they are. If you have even a small sense of repentance then God will help a person to become completely repentant.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=FindTheWayToday link=topic=7825.msg101713#msg101713 date=1239353435]
    Hi,

I used to be on this website back when I was into the church, but I haven't been on here in a while. I don't want to give my name or any information, I just want to talk and get help.  I was never a perfect Christian or anywhere close, but I never did something extremely bad until I got to college. I have messed up in a lot of ways, and I just want someone to tell me it's okay, and to tell me that all it takes is to turn back and it'll be okay, but if that's not the answer that's correct, then I guess you can just tell it to me as it is. I'm really sad. Can someone help me please? I'd really appreciate it.

Nearly EVERY single passage I've read so far in the Bible is Christ telling us that a sinner is considered a saint if he repents and returns even at the end of his life.

There's a story of a man who owned a vineyard, and he employed workers since the 1st hour and paid them a wage. He employed others from the 3rd hour, 6th hour etc and gave them the SAME wage as those whom he had employed since the 1st hour. Then he employed some workers at the 11th hour. They were paid the same as those who had been working since the 1st hour.

Christ used that example to explain the Kingdom of Heaven. That when you repent and return, you will be treated as if you have done nothing.

Its a great deal. Its a brilliant deal if you are in one of those of the 11th hour.

Man, go for it. Repent and return back to God. You know it makes sense.
  • please also see this thread:
    Tasbeha.org Community > General Category > Personal Issues > Biggest Sinner ... is there hope?
    as there is a lot of good stuff there.
    start with reminding yourself why it might be better to hang out with God than to hang onto the sin. go to church (yes, everyone is welcome in church, you can sit and listen, you don't have to immediately confess and take communion). read the Bible, try going to tasbeha homepage, there is a verse of the day and if you go to the 'our faith' column there are daily readings.
    then start reading the Bible for yourself, just flick through it and start reading at a passage that looks interesting. the last few chapters of matthew, mark, luke and john are a good place to start, as it will soon be Good Friday.

then please get back to us with your questions and comments  :)