Family

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey..
I wanted to ask you something.
ive got a "Little"Problem:
I Live with my Dad in a Flat,My neighbours are my Uncle my Aunt and their 3 Daughters.
The "Problem"is my Uncle,everytime I hear him talking with his daughter I get Angry,most of all with her Oldest Daughter(she is 21)and he talks with her like a Slave,and he wants behave against me like with his Daughter.
So he is sooo Annoying(sorry)sometimes and really i lost (very sad about it)the Respect to him but i do NOT Hate him.
So my Question is how can I Prevent to get angry cause i know God dont accept anger.
How Can I Stop from Gossiping about him??
Please Remind my weakness in your prayers.
Vanessa

Comments

• Only a few thoughts: one day, God will jugde us all for the things we did. If we don`t regret,... our sins, we will go to hell. I hope, you don`t want your uncle to spend his eternity in hell. If it`s like that, then you ´ll get sad everytime he acts like you said, because you are worried about him (and not anymore about you). Also, you could make it to a spiritual practice: you could focus on Jesus, what he went through... and be cheerful.. because through this, you can know him better. => You could see how much he must love you, because he took sooooo much humilitation, shame, ... on himself (and said nothing). Then you `ll be astonished and not angry any more.
  • hey, i think i know your uncle!  ;)
    sorry, bad joke, but actually there are a lot of people who behave 1 way in public and a different way at home. sometimes i am one of them.

about anger; it's important that it doesn't lead us to sin (gossip etc), but anger can also turn us to God in prayer. you can pray for your uncle and the whole family and remember how much God loves each of them.

i see you live with your dad. what does he think about this? could he talk with your uncle, perhaps, or is he a lot younger? maybe he can give you some advice on what to do. maybe he has had the same problem as you when he was young.

are you friends with your cousins? maybe what they need is someone who is a good friend to them and then they will turn to you for comfort and advice when they find that their life at home is hard.

so you see, God can do a lot of good work through you in this situation. and when you think it is painful to hear them argue, you can pray and remember how much pain God feels when His children are far from Him and hurting each other.

i pray that God will send His Holy Spirit, the comforter to you to guide you in this situation. i know how bad it is when you are listening to arguments all the time and i remember how many times God has comforted me, He will do the same to you.