Is there any coptic churches in arizona?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I'm thinking about moving to arizona for college. I'm going to a school in tucson. I saw online that there is a church in that area but it only has mass once every 2 weeks. Is this true? What do you guys do during the other week? How far is the Phoenix Scottsdale church? And do they have mass every week?

Comments

• dumdum,

It is true,the devine liturgy is conducted only once every 2 weeks. We have no church,but do it at some one's place.The reason being,there are very few familes in the area.we are gratetful to have a priest who is willing to attend to our needs every other week. he also has other duites, so we meet every 2 weeks .I and there are also others who drive some 2.5 hours to get there.

take care
  • Thank you Mozes, but can you please tell me how far the phoenix church is? Do they have mass every week? Is it practical to attend their church every other week?
  • [quote author=dumdum link=topic=7797.msg101509#msg101509 date=1238723662]
    I'm thinking about moving to arizona for college. I'm going to a school in tucson. I saw online that there is a church in that area but it only has mass once every 2 weeks. Is this true? What do you guys do during the other week? How far is the Phoenix Scottsdale church? And do they have mass every week?

I am sorry, I read your post this late.

Regarding the churchs in Arizona, in phoenix, there are 2 churchs.They have normal services every week.If you are going to stay Tuscon,then it takes something like 1.5-2 hours drive to Phoenix.

In Albuquerque NM, the service is once every 2 weeks.Vespers take place on Fridays followed by the  Devine Liturgy on Saturday. Service takes place at someone's house. The priest then returns to Phoenix for the Sunday Liturgy.

Hope this helps for now.