Did Cain go to Heaven or Hell?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
After Our Lord died on the cross he went to Hell/Hades. Did he take just the people that obeyed him before, the good people i guess you can say or did he take everyone?

pray for me

Comments

• [quote author=I Believe link=topic=7759.msg101196#msg101196 date=1237836788]
    After Our Lord died on the cross he went to Hell/Hades. Did he take just the people that obeyed him before, the good people i guess you can say or did he take everyone?

pray for me

first, Hell is different than Hades. Hades is to Paradise as Hell is to Heaven. Christ went Hades to free those who are worthy....not everyone.

1 Corinthians 15:51-57
    51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-- 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." 55 "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?" 56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

as you can see, at the end of the last verse, our strength against sin is "the Law," God's Law. So those who follow it will be saved.
  • So are you basically saying that Cain, the people from Sodom and Gomorrah and all the rest of the people that died before Christ did on the cross who were bad were not taken out of hades?
  • [quote author=I Believe link=topic=7759.msg101219#msg101219 date=1237862043]
    So are you basically saying that Cain, the people from Sodom and Gomorrah and all the rest of the people that died before Christ did on the cross who were bad were not taken out of hades?

well "I am" not saying that. this is what God promised us. You follow HIS Law, you are part of HIS people that HE will keep in heaven.

I think the misunderstanding might come as a result of not understanding what Jesus did exactly. As the verse i posted before,  "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
    Christ crushed death, by His Death. He opened the gates of Paradise for those who are worthy. DO not think that the righteous people were meant to GO to Hades. It's just a result of the original sin. We inherited the consequence of that sin and Christ broke that consequence and gave us the chance to get to paradise AGAIN.