Being In A Band

edited November 2004 in Faith Issues
just today, i got together with a bunch of my friends and suggested we made a band. so we're gonna meet, and we're gonna practice other peoples' songs, just to get good and stuff, but we're gonna write our own lyrics... is this in any way wrong before i go through with it? i realize that all this time im playing i could devote to God, but im not devoting so much now, and sry to bring this up, but its cuz *ehem* i haven't been feeling very "well" lately, and one of my talents is singing, and yes, i could devote this talent to worshipping God, but i can do both can't i? as long as i make sure that God is my first priority?

i just wanted some opinions, i dont think that there wlil be any temptations, i mean, we're just playing music, it's a hobby, just like sports are right? so yeah, what do u guys think?

Comments

• I'm in a band in school. Its not wrong. I still do everything I used to for God, just add another thing to the schedule. 8)
  • lol
    what if its more towards the rock side? ...
  • lol theres nothing wrong with rock, unless its like marylin manson, thats just extreme nonesense :-\. I think its a pretty good idea. Its good to have hobbies like that. Consider the atmosphere that you'll be in. Any major temptations that you wouldn't find in another place? if not, you should be fine! Rock is just awesome tho!
  • lol, cool, thanks guys, now i feel good about it, instead of bad.....
    yeah, i dont think there will be any major temptations, if even any at all, the only thing im worried about is how we'll sound, but i guess we can change that cant we?
    :P ive been singing all day, now i dont wanna hear myself so im listening to the fourth hoos, i love tasbeha!!!! it rocks!! (not intended as a pun)

:P
  • Hey! Wats wrong with heavy metal? >:(