hey guys what do you think of this little story?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
today i was speaking to my friend at church he is related to one of the local abounas and he told me a story about a abouna seeing mohamed being tortured and he talked to the abouna and said please convert as many muslims to christanity as you can because everytime a person dies as a muslim my torture becomes greater ..

how amazing is that?

Comments

• ....i believe it, too :(
    the BIble is very clear that it's one thing to sin , but it's HUGE when you corrupt others and lead them astray
    "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come.  It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of thse little one to sin.  So watch yourselves."
    -Luke 17:1-3
  • how is that amazing at all... its sad!
  • how so? im not disagreeing with you but i would for me it makes me happy as a former muslim but how is it sad?
  • How is it not sad? Think of all the people mislead by what he's done and think how mislead and trapped by the devil he is. Just because he's done wrong and gotten his judgement by God to be punished doesn't make it any better.
  • i understand that point what i am saying as a former muslim myself im happy for the torture he is recieving and it makes me so very happy cause it shows the truth to me fully i just wish every1 else would see this
  • bigeee, I am not sure what are trying to achieve by posting this topic in a Christian web-site.
  • I also read something similar in the "Miracles of Marry". A very powerful and inspiring book!
  • how is this sad?
    ???
    this is amazingg 8) ;D

+mahraeel+
  • I agree with bigee.He sees it from his standpoint,from a viewpoint of someone who boldly and courageously converted to christianity.Let us put ourselves in his position, would anyone of us abandon his birth faith and convert to another one? We should not forget how tough bigee is.His story is amazing to me.I think, it should be to all of us.May God bless you.

At the same time, it is also amazing how the good Lord reveals the hidden to his chosen ones,in this case, the abouna  who sees the punishment of the lost soul.
  • I hope the vision isn't real.  I'd much rather immagine that he put his faith in Jesus before he died.

Either way, God's will be done.
  • i agree with the last poster.  but still, the fact that muslims may no  longer be muslims is great isnt it?

+mahraeel+
  • Just a word of caution, anyone can read this forum whether a registered member or not, I think these topics only serve one purpose, which is to provoke people and exaggerate tension. Also, anyone with different believes might have been offended reading this.

How would you feel if we reverse the story?

We should respect everyone’s religion, be sensitive to his/her believes and understand that living in free society is not a license to say or do whatever we feel. ALL OF US SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION when we start or participate in a discussion with that nature. At one point similar posts will taste like a great big grain of salt. Have you heard the phrase “pick up your ears”.
  • [quote author=flexmd link=topic=7644.msg100327#msg100327 date=1234900029]
    Just a word of caution, anyone can read this forum whether a registered member or not, I think these topics only serve one purpose, which is to provoke people and exaggerate tension. Also, anyone with different believes might have been offended reading this.

How would you feel if we reverse the story?

We should respect everyone’s religion, be sensitive to his/her believes and understand that living in free society is not a license to say or do whatever we feel. ALL OF US SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION when we start or participate in a discussion with that nature. At one point similar posts will taste like a great big grain of salt. Have you heard the phrase “pick up your ears”.

I completely agree...

God bless