Gaining Respect from my Sunday School Students

2»

Comments

• here is what I do, for I do too served these grades... and it started like that!!!

one is you have to be firm with your word!!! if you say you'll do something YOU DO IT!!! because if you're lenient about one thing, they'll push it till they get farther, and see how far they can go!

show them that you are a friend... but one of authority! be there for them, joke around with them, but they do something wrong they receive punishment! yet I hate saying the word punishment, because they are our masters, but that's what we'll call it for the sake of this post!

my punishments consist of them staying after class... I don't care if their parents are waiting or whatever... actually if their parents are waiting its a good chance to tell their parents! but they wait... during that time I explain to them why they are in "trouble" and how they are not disrespecting me, but disrespecting Jesus Himself!!! that takes about 1-2 minutes... and then you and them pray an apology to Jesus... that would take about a minute... and if during the week and/or if they didn't take communion we both make a mutanya, saying "I'm sorry Jesus"... so that teaches them prayers and mutanyas when they do wrong! and then the most important thing is give them a hug... and if you yelled, you apologize, and tell them you love them... and to please behave the following week... these five minutes or less, usually have helped me... and now when I come to a class, the kids know to behave!!!

now for the time of prayer... they have to understand it's the most important time, even more important than the lesson itself... so usually I would have two kids pray out loud... one boy and one girl... and IN ONE VOICE, then everyone say "our Father" but if someone messes it or they make a lot of noise during it... I make them re-say it... until it is said in ONE VOICE, sometimes I reached ten times of just saying "our father"

so the kids do not fear me... but they know they can come to me with anything... but they know I am firm... and if I say something it will happen... so they respect me!

Akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  •                           +++

Dear friends,

Do u them to teach them or God to teach the children? I suggest u give the class to God in prayer. Let the Lord, Jesus teach them and children love Jesus. He will throw away all the disturbing evil spirits from the class. Beg the mother of Jesus, St. Mary to come to ur aid always. Pray that angels would guard the class and bring all their peace.
      For all these requests to be answered u need humilty, faith and fasting. U r doing a spiritual job and ask the Master to help u. Always remember that u the least required for the class to be perfect. This class does not belong to anyone but God.
      Ask God to be there for u in Love and Mercy. Feel in ur heart the presence of God. Always ask God to give u unconditional love for the children. If it helps look at these children as u would if u had seen Jesus, St. Mary and many saints in flesh as they grew up. Never underestimate them. They are models God has asked us to be like to enter in heaven. Ur personal relationship with God matters a lot to whatever u do. 
      After u tried ur best if the condition still goes on then thank God that He is teaching u to be humble by teaching those who does not listen. God counts and judges ur try not how many listened. It is better for u to be like this than all kids listening to u like a commander in silence and fear waiting for an order, giving u nothing but a proud heart.
      Remember also the story in the Holy Bible when the desciples, St. Peter and others trying hard to catch fishes the whole night but in vain. But when Jesus came they caught 156 fishes. Do u think the fishes came were not in the sea when the desciples tried? no, they were waiting their God. As a preacher or a teacher no one catches any soul(fish) from the world(sea) but when God comes to sermon or the class.
      God said, u can do nothing without me. Let alone His own words being taught but a simple dish does not taste the same when His name is called or not.

May God be with us always with His holiest mother, St. Mary, His holy angels, saints in Love and mercy.

• I would like to thank all of you for your great advice.

Thanks again and please pray for me and my weakness.