Antiochian

edited December 1969 in Non-Orthodox Inquiries
what is the relationship between the Coptic and the Antiochian?

NESS<><

Comments

• i think u mean the antiochian orthodox church of syria, which is eastern orthodox (related to greek, russian etc), whereas we are oriental orthodox (related to armenian, syriac orthodox, indian malankara syriac orthodox and ethopian). our 'daughter' churches (under our care but more or less autonomous) are the eritrean, french and british orthodox churches. there may be other daughter churches, but these are the ones i know.
    according to the agreement signed in geneva in 1990, the eastern and oriental orthodox believe basically the same things but are not yet in communion.
    so if i went to an antiochian orthodox church (of which there seem to be an ever increasing number in usa as God blesses the church) i would get into trouble if i took communion. unfortunately.
    please pray 4 our bishops and patriarchs to have renewed vigour as they work on the details of increasing our unity.
  • so you cant take communion there? wow why may i ask

so when they say that they have closed communion i thought they just ment non Orthodox but actualy they close it even to you wow thats like a big deal

if you came to my church you could have communion (protestant nondenomination) if you want to b/c you belive that Christ paid for sin and rose again and is coming back

NESS<><
  • [quote author=NESS55 link=topic=7574.msg99494#msg99494 date=1232405315]
    so you cant take communion there? wow why may i ask

so when they say that they have closed communion i thought they just ment non Orthodox but actualy they close it even to you wow thats like a big deal

if you came to my church you could have communion (protestant nondenomination) if you want to b/c you belive that Christ paid for sin and rose again and is coming back

let me say before anything that we all have choice to do ANYTHING, as long as we well be responsible for that action, here on earth and in heaven.

the Oriental and the Eastern Orthodox church are not fully in unity YET. that means that each church doesn't accept the others' sacraments(accept for some unity statements amongst some of the churches but not all)....not based on faith since the dispute/the misunderstanding is fixed, but it's not united yet. this also apply to any other church, including the Catholic and protestants. as we can all see, NO PRIEST will stop someone from taking communion....accept if it's for example a closed area and the priest knows all his parish...or even thought ppl can lie.
    The idea here is one person carrying the responsibility of that "Fiery Divinity" into his body without lawful permission. a priest wouldn't be sinning, a deacon wouldn't be sinning, but the person who is taking choice is so......

now you can't tell me "But i believe that this is true.." now all i have to tell you then you go and be part of them. people always like to "twist" rules and think that they are "fooling" God...but the reality is that they are just digging for themselves traps.