Ⲟⲩⲣⲁⲛ ˋⲛϣⲟⲩϣⲟⲩ

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
[coptic]Namenra] tyrou>
Aikw] nem jidiakwn epaimoust vai alla ]ouws `ntenkw] `nqytf tyren `mnai[/coptic]
I debated with jydeacon this point but I would like that we all debate it here
[coptic]Qen `pjincwtem epiry] `nte `pcaq Iprahym efer'alin ]paralax `nte (ouran `nsousou) aijimi je pefry] efvwrj pe oube piouyb Mat;eoc (vy ]meu`i eter'alin pikery])[/coptic]
On listening to the style of cantor Ibrahim singing the baralax of "[coptic]ouran `nsousou[/coptic]" I found out that his style is different to Fr. Matthaos (who I think sings another version)
[coptic]`mpen`;retenna eqoun as `nry] efmyi pe> alla ]ouws `n`emi ou tetener qen kata pairy] e;be paihymnoc ie oukehymnoc?[/coptic]
Let's not get into what style is right, but I would like to know what you do in a similar situation for that hymn or any other hymn?
[coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]

Comments

• [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7570.msg99449#msg99449 date=1232365425]
    [coptic]Namenra] tyrou>
    Aikw] nem jidiakwn epaimoust vai alla ]ouws `ntenkw] `nqytf tyren `mnai[/coptic]
    I debated with jydeacon this point but I would like that we all debate it here
    [coptic]Qen `pjincwtem epiry] `nte `pcaq Iprahym efer'alin ]paralax `nte (ouran `nsousou) aijimi je pefry] efvwrj pe oube piouyb Mat;eoc (vy ]meu`i eter'alin pikery])[/coptic]
    On listening to the style of cantor Ibrahim singing the baralax of "[coptic]ouran `nsousou[/coptic]" I found out that his style is different to Fr. Matthaos (who I think sings another version)
    [coptic]`mpen`;retenna eqoun as `nry] efmyi pe> alla ]ouws `n`emi ou tetener qen kata pairy] e;be paihymnoc ie oukehymnoc?[/coptic]
    Let's not get into what style is right, but I would like to know what you do in a similar situation for that hymn or any other hymn?

both are very similar. not big deal. if you think about it thoo, it's the general parlex way which is REALLY said differently by Fr. Isiah el-maharaky, mTawfik's disciple.
  • [coptic]Ce, alla ou pe pekco[ni nyi qen pajin[icbw?[/coptic]
    OK, but what is your advice to me in my learning?
  • [coptic]qen hwb niben [i`cbw qen `pref]`cbw Mi,ayl pinis][/coptic]
    Always use Mlm. Mikhail as your source for learning.  But an even better way is to learn both.
    Learn both styles and know where each one comes from.  That way you preserve both of them.
  • [coptic]Ar,ydiakwn>
    ]]ma] nemak alla qen pictoc tyrf `mpamei piry] `nte `pcaq Mi,ayl pinis] eta `pcaq Iprahym oueh `ncwf - ]emi nyettetennacaji qaroi ]nou[/coptic]
    I agree with you but in all honesty I didn't like the style of cantor Mikhail the great that cantor Ibrahim followed - I know what you will say about me now
  • I know what you will say about me now

HERETICCCCCCCCCC ANATHEMAAAAAAAAAAAA lol
  • [coptic]]sep`hmot `ntotk emasw hwc erof - aiemi `mmof nyou `e`hryi ejwi[/coptic]
    Thank you very much Hos Erof  - I felt it coming on me
  • This argument/situation comes up alot in my church, so the best thing to do is to ask your head deacon what source he learned this specific hymn from, that way you can sing with him without any confusion and in unision. However, if you are the head deacon, I would sugest you pick a source and tell everyone. For example I learn most of my hymns from Coptic Heritage, because they have very good recordings and also terrific sources to back up each of their hymns. GB
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7570.msg99456#msg99456 date=1232371464]
    [coptic]Ce, alla ou pe pekco[ni nyi qen pajin[icbw?[/coptic]
    OK, but what is your advice to me in my learning?

say it as your deacons in church say it. or you can learn it BEST from HICS
  • [coptic]`mpacwtem (ouran `nsousou) ebolqen pima`n[cbw `nnis] alla qen outajro vai pe vyetafer nem (pi`pneuma) - ]meu`i je `pcaq Iprahym er'alin `mmof kata `mpoury][/coptic]
    I didn't hear "[coptic]ouran `nsousou[/coptic]" from the higher institute but for sure that is what I did with "[coptic]pi`pneuma[/coptic]" - I think that cantor Ibrahim sings it like them
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=7570.msg99488#msg99488 date=1232402689]
    [coptic]`mpacwtem (ouran `nsousou) ebolqen pima`n[cbw `nnis] alla qen outajro vai pe vyetafer nem (pi`pneuma) - ]meu`i je `pcaq Iprahym er'alin `mmof kata `mpoury][/coptic]
    I didn't hear "[coptic]ouran `nsousou[/coptic]" from the higher institute but for sure that is what I did with "[coptic]pi`pneuma[/coptic]" - I think that cantor Ibrahim sings it like them

khalas, than that's a nice way. i really don't know which way i know it. probably mFahim which i think is like Ibrahim, which i think where my church deacons learned it from, and i learned it from them and sang it that way with them yesterday. we sounded GREAT as a chorus and it was nice.
  • This is basically what i discussed with ophadece, I was saying that the best thing to do is do a little research on the hymn, and learn from the general consensus, of course a hazza here or there isn't gonna make a difference, but when you can tell that two cantors render it completely different, you should go to the oldest source, Muallem Mikhail. If not him, then i would say HICS and other cantors, then HCOC. But again as i was telling ophadece, we shouldn't get stuck up on things like this and make sure we are PRAYING regardless of the "tune" we are using. I'm of course not saying, just be chill with the tunes, but lets not get carried away either.