Simple life

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey everyone im writing a This I believe essay and I chose to write it around the topic of be simple don't make life complicated....i was wondering if anyone has quotes for the early fathers or in the Holy Bible or any about being simple.

Thank you and Pray for me to get a good grade on the paper
Lostsinner

Comments

• How about the Bible?

The Bible (God himself) tells us to be simple, but not too simple. Sometimes simplicity leads to laziness, but other times being simple is the wise choice to make.

Here are a few verses you can take a look at:

Proverbs 1:22
    Proverbs 8:5
    Proverbs 9:4
    Proverbs 14:15
    So pretty much, read the book of Proverbs, you'll find a million!

There is also a famous verse in Romans 16:19 that says; "..but I want you to be wise in what is good; and simple concerning evil."

I hope this helped a little.

Peace,
    Tεκcoνι μέσα Πεχριcτoc
  • Thanks but most of the verses you provided isn't exactly what im looking for im looking for quotes or verses that are like making your life simple not simple in mind...like the opposite of having a life that is complicated thank you so much though
  • [quote author=Lostsinner link=topic=7547.msg99233#msg99233 date=1231792866]
    Hey everyone im writing a This I believe essay and I chose to write it around the topic of be simple don't make life complicated....i was wondering if anyone has quotes for the early fathers or in the Holy Bible or any about being simple.

Thank you and Pray for me to get a good grade on the paper
    Lostsinner

"...Let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no' be 'no' anything outside of this is from the evil one".

By following this verse, you have guaranteed for yourself a very simple life, with no complications, no worries, no stress. If your 'yes' is always 'yes', and your 'no' is always 'no', you've got it made.