kissing

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
is it true if you kiss a girl or what ever you can never take communion again....even after you confess?

Comments

• What? Who said that? Once you confess and repent OF COURSE you can take communion. Communion is a very important sacrament and it is very dangerous to stay away from it.
  • i mean i heard from some one and from my preist that you cant

p.s. my priest was prolly not listening cause he was tired
  • Well then ask him again when he's not tired.
  • okay i will do

if anyone has something to say plz add
  • of course not i mean he mite ban u for a while..not sure of thatt

but U have to TAKE communion

i mean st.  moses teh strong was a sinner.  he confeesed and BECAAME A MONK lol preettyy kool=]

anyways so yea, u have to take communin.  it is important. 

+mahraeel+
  • that is notttttt at all true. Once you confess and trully repent, no matter WHAT you did whether is be kiss, intercourse, or murder, if you trully confess and repent in your heart the Lord is ready to forgive you and welcome you to partake of his Body and Blood. Like Jesus said, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Mark 2:17
  • There is NO SIN greater than God's mercy, for that is infinite...
  • [quote author=Tεκcoνι μέσα Πεχριcτoc link=topic=7458.msg98503#msg98503 date=1229560307]
    What? Who said that? Once you confess and repent OF COURSE you can take communion. Communion is a very important sacrament and it is very dangerous to stay away from it.

I couldn't agree more. If you are young and have a good life in Church, and you have communion regularly, it would be very foolish (sorry to sound harsh) to jeaopardise this over a girl.

I honestly hope that you get married soon.
  • no one deserves Him... no one deserves to chew Him, and be united with Him... but out of His grace He gives us Himself as a gift... and the one entrusted with that mystery is those who are in priesthood... and you have to be obedient no matter what, as long as it is not a sin!

if abouna tells you, you cant commune of Him, and you try to convince him and all goes in vain... then you should not commune of Him... but what you can do is tell the whole story to a different priest, and if he agrees to let you commune then so be it! and/or you can tell the whole story to a bishop or the hegumen, or the arch-priest of the church (if different), if they give you permission to commune, then him out of obedience has to give you communion.

but I'm very certain this whole situation has a misunderstanding!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • confession and repentance from the heart erraces all sin and yes you can take communion