looking for an abouna

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
There is an abouna, maybe you guys come from his church... he said he was from Queens, New York. I met him briefly at the midwest convention and he inspired me into something, i was wondering if anyone had an email or a way to contact him. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and may God bless all of you guys personally

Comments

• a name would be nice.. haha
  • Well there are three priests serving at St. Mary's in Queens. There is Abouna Yohanna who is the really old one, then there is Abouna Antonious who is a bit younger and wears glasses, and then there is Abouna Michael, who was ordained within the past few years and is only around 30. Which one fits the description. Here are the numbers and emails to all three of them, along with the church website:

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/directory/church.php?show=94

God Bless!
  • abouna michael fits the description...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ABOUNAS ARE COOOL =]
    lololol
    im so lame lol
  • Jibrahim23

I LOVE ABOUNA ANTONIOUS!
    One of the most blessed priests ever. He was taught everything he knows from Abouna Bishoy Demetrious in East Brunswick, NJ (The Priest who passed away and the Pope came and everything). Yeah Abouna Antonious is amazing.

This comment is completely out of bounds and false.  The Very Rev. Youhanna (of St. Mary & St. Antonious--Queens, NY) is a venerable priest, well learned, well-respected, well set in his ministry as a priest.  He preceded the reposed Very Rev. Fr. Bishoy Demetrious by quite a bit of years in terms of his ordination as a priest and his elevation to the rank of Hegumen.

As a matter of fact, when Fr. Bishoy was first ordained by His Holiness, Pope Shenouda in St. Mary & St. Antonious, as Fr. Youhanna watched with all the people in attendance.

Fr. Bishoy is an exceptional priest of blessed memory, but he had nothing to do with teaching Fr. Youhanna.  You should be more careful about how you words things especially when referring to the priests.  They are not on the level of teaching like Sunday School for kids.

I take great exception to your comment and I abjure you about using such terminology.  It identifies a bit of expressed immaturity.  Take it from your brother as a clarification.
  • ilovesaintmark, how old are you? (u don't have to say if you're uncomfortable with it)
    i had to use the dictionary like 5 times with your last post.
  • jibrahim23,

I guess I lost track of which Abouna you were talking about.  I guess you meant Abouna Antonious Tanious, who is different from Abouna Antonious Makaryus of St. Mary in Queens.  Chalk it up to confusion in reference.  For some reason I did not follow your thought.  The second name for the Church in Queens is St. Antonious.

I apologize for the incursion.