Help with the gift of time

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

Hi all
I just heard a sermon about Time. God gave us this gift to use it wisely

and as you all know we are getting closer to the winter break

i needed some suggestions about how can i spend my spare time

Any kind of projects
i work but i will have spare time and i iwant to spend it with God so i need ideas please

Thank you in advance

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Comments

• This is an excellent question really!! If you have any books by HH or fathers about subjects of Kiahk or fasting in general they would be great to read during this time. Also some projects you can do can have to do with your church. Go talk to your priest and see if there is anything the church needs that you can work on. Try reading the Bible more frequently and possibly take a verse that you liked from what you read and meditate on it for the day!

You can also learn hymns of kiahk or any season for that matter, i know www.copticheritage.org has great lessons. Also just dedicate more time to prayer and meditation and just alone time to think about your life and things you want to improve and things of the sort. I hope this was of some help

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Thank you very much

That was really helpful

God bless you and pray for my weak self
  • lock yourself in your room... meditate about God and His love! pray as many hours as you can, thank God for all He is doing in your life!

while you are in your room, try to stay away from your computer... or any snare that the devil can use to make you sin. since you are on break, you should maybe try to fast and abstain a little more, after asking your spiritual guide... and eat simple foods... by that you will give so much time to God!

nakhod baraket salwatak... neshkor Allah!
  • You can use you time by helping someone in need.  For example:

If you know someone is sick, call or visit them and ask how they are doing.
    If you know someone is going through a difficult time, offer some words of encouragement.
    If someone is lonley, be their friend.
    If someone is poor and you are in a position to help them financially do so.
    If you have a special talent maybe you can teach someone something eg. you can tutor someone who is having trouble with a specific subject.

Just try to reach out to someone who is less fortunate than you are.  Small acts of kindness can affect people in a very positive way.  Even a smile goes a long way.

• Thank you all very nice suggestions

God bless you all